Thursday, 02 October 2008
attached at the hip
The weather has been so amazing this week that I've been trying to be intetional about getting the girls outside every day after lunch to play. Seeing as Evie can't really sit on her own yet and Adelle prefers to play on the front steps (she likes to pick berries off our holly bush and throw them down the stairs... they bounce. It's cool. I totally get it), I can either hold her the entire time we're outside or throw her in the sling. Well, she's not a fan of laying in the sling unless she's tired. I get that. So I pop her on my hip in the sling and she just hangs out. It's the greatest. She's happy because she's close to me and I can have both hands free if necessary.
Okay. Not the best hair day for me, but you get the idea.
Hey... what's this thing?
Sunday, 05 October 2008
Dedication
Today was Evie's dedication at church. It was such a special time! My mom and step dad came in for it and Mary, Marcos, and Carmen came, too. We went to the Irom Hill for lunch afterward. I know Evie won't remember it, but we sure will remember the promises we made to her and God as well as what a special day it was.
Pastor Mark during the dedication... he made me cry. We're going to miss him and the rest of the BRV family more than we can say.
Our family
Evie tried a lemon at lunch. Although she made this face the whole time, she just kept on chomping away!
More pictures here.
Monday, 06 October 2008
Laughing and Sitting!
We finally got a real laugh out of Evie last night... to be specific, Daddy finally got a big laugh out of her. Up til now it's just been little giggles. But Daddy is super fun! I, of course, ran and got my camera to take some video.
She is also sitting up on her own now. Granted, she's a bit wobbly, so I have to be nearby to catch her, but she can do it! Wow!
Wednesday, 22 October 2008
Teeth and Travels
So Evie finally cut her first tooth. And now tooth number two is on its way as well causing major discomfort for Evie (and the rest of us). Poor thing. I can't beieve how quickly she's growing already... almost six months old already? How did that happen???
We have discovered the secret to getting her to laugh - Adelle. She adores Adelle and thinks she's super funny. All Adelle has to do is jump around and Evie erupts into delighted squeals and giggles.
We spent the last week in Roanoke visitng family and had a great time!
Evie wrapping herself in a blankie... maybe trying to play peek a boo?
Evie liked her Great Gramps.
More pictures here.
Monday, 27 October 2008
Princess Evie
Adelle thought it would be fun to put her crown on Evie the other night. Evie thought it would be more fun to eat it, but whatever...
I know she's my child and all, but seriously, she's REALLY cute.
And I SWEAR to you that Evie said 'mama' today. I KNOW!!! She, of course, has no idea what it means. She does know, however, that whenever she says it I smile, give her lots of kisses, and generally act like a fool.
Positive reinforcement, people! Ha ha ha.
Wednesday, 29 October 2008
Little Pumpkin
Our little pumpkin is six months old today! Crazy! I feel like I just brought her home from the hospital. How is it that we are now celebrating her half-birthday already? Scary.












No comments:
Post a Comment