Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Adelle - June 2008

Tuesday, 03 June 2008

Best friends and dresses

Adelle is so thrilled that the weather is warm now because she LOVES wearing dresses. I actually made a bunch for her last summer, but they were all too big. They fit her perfectly this year, though. YAY! Here are a few of them.
dress

dress 2

And here are some of Adelle and Carmen's most recent best friend pictures. Boy those girls love each other!
bff 1

silly girls
silly

Thursday, 05 June 2008

Precious

Adelle and I have both been just a little under the weather this week. I think it's either allergies or a very mild cold. She's super snotty and I have a sore throat. This morning, Jamie asked how I was feeling and I told him my throat still hurts. Adelle pipes up, "Pray for Mommy?". So Jamie said they would pray for me, but Adelle decided she wanted to do it all by herself (a very common thing here lately... she no longer wants us to help her with anything at all). So Adelle, with no prompting from us, prays, "Jesus, please help Mommy feel better. Amen." Is she not the sweetest thing in the whole world? I just adore her. This, by the way, is the first time she's prayed by herself. Awesome.

Sunday, 08 June 2008

Oh yes, she is definitely two.

Adelle has now officially transitioned into being two. For example, we called my step mom, Kathy, yesterday to wish her a happy birthday. The entire thing went a little like this:

Adelle: HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
Me: HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
Kathy: Thanks! How are -
Adelle: wild, obnoxious, frustrated SCREAM!!!!!!!!
Me: I'm sorry, I have to let you go. Love you. Bye.

Sigh. It's hard to be two, I'm sure. Your emotions outweigh your ability to communicate. But still. Lord help us all.

Monday, 09 June 2008

Cute Sisters

I bought a new camera with my birthday money this year (Thanks to Gramps and my wonderful in-laws!) and had lots of fun playing with it yesterday.

Not the greatest pic, but boy can you see just how much these girls look a like!
look alikes

Much cuter. They love each other!
smiles

And the cutest of all... Adelle was feeding her baby while sitting on the potty last night and decided to burp her. So cute!
burping baby

Monday, 16 June 2008

chopsticks, jewelry and glasses

Adelle, ever the "I do it?" child, insisted on trying to use chopsticks at dinner last night (we were enjoying dumplings and stir-fried green beans - YUM!). Although she doesn't quite have the dexterity to use them properly yet, she made do just fine.
chopsticks 3

chopsticks 2

chopsticks

She also thought Daddy's glasses would be a nice addition to her jewelry look this morning. Ha ha ha!
jewlery and glasses

Friday, 20 June 2008

Jesus' Favorite Song

Did you know that Jesus has a favorite song? Neither did I! But apparently He does, and He revealed it to Adelle.

This morning we were in Maryland for Jamie's aunt's funeral. As it began, a song started playing and Adelle turned to Jamie and I and proclaimed, "This is Jesus' favorite song!". "Oh, really?", we replied. "YEAH!" said Adelle.

I guess it is quite possible that Jesus has a favorite song. I just thought it was such a funny remark from Adelle.

And what is Jesus' favorite song? It's "The Wind Beneath My Wings" by Bette Midler, of course! Ha ha ha. Adelle - how I do love her!!!!

Sunday, 22 June 2008

Hello?

Adelle likes to play with anything Evie is playing with. Why am I surprised by this?

Evie's phone rattle
phone rattle

Monday, 23 June 2008

swimming fun

Adelle loves to swim. She also made a new discovery yesterday - the fun of playing with the hose!

hose 1

And now for your viewing pleasure... swimming Adelle! Annoying mommy talk, but cute little girl.


Wednesday, 25 June 2008

my little sous chef

Adelle LOVES to cook. Actually, with her love for art, cooking, and food, I could totally see her being a chef one day. But I digress...

She is growing up faster than I can keep up with what she is capable of doing. The other day it occurred to me that she could probably help me make lunch. And so we put Evie down for her nap and then went to the kitchen to make lunch. Nothing spectacular, just some tuna salad which we then made into panini style sandwiches with cheese, but she did a lot of it on her own (with a good bit of guidance from me, of course). Now, she wants to help me make lunch every day, which works just fine for me. It's something fun we can do together and I am always looking for new ideas!

It'll be awhile before I let her anywhere near the stove, though. Scary, scary!

Friday, 27 June 2008

Busy days.

We've had lots of fun the past few days. A visit with friends (including pancakes!!! Yum!), a trip to the park, a cookout, fun new clothes from Grandma and Grandpa. Good times.

Sliding at the park
slide

Cute new outfit - complete with shoes that Adelle can put on and take off all by herself... a major thrill.
new outfit

And finally, Adelle thought it would be fun to read her Sisters book to Evie. Awww...

Monday, 30 June 2008

Berry Picking

We went to Linvilla today with Mary and Carmen. It was, as always, big fun. We were hoping to pick blueberries, but it was closed until the blueberry festival there this weekend, so we picked raspberries instead. This was a first for Adelle and Carmen both. They both got the hang of it quickly and enjoyed picking berries and adding them to the box. Of course, there was a good bit of berry eating going on as well.

Carmen and Adelle show off their loot
berry picking 3

Lots of berries!
berries

Some of that 'berry eating' in action
carmen

After we picked berries, we played at the playground, had a picnic lunch, and then got a cookie from the bakery and headed home. It was a GREAT morning. Not only was the weather nice, but we all had a great time and not a single one of us cried. Now, that's success.

I put up a bunch more pics on our album site.

No comments: