Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Adelle - April 2007

Tuesday, 03 April 2007

We're back home now safe and sound. We had a good, but long trip home on Saturday. We did get to stop and have lunch with Hillary and Owen. It was such a fun treat and a nice break in the trip for both of us!

Jamie took the day off work yesterday to spend the day with his girls. Isn't he great? The weather was really nice so we went to the zoo. Adelle had a blast! Her favorite animals were by far the monkeys. In fact, she signed that she wanted to play with them. Awwww... is she just too cute or what? She is definitely our very own little monkey.
our little monkey

She also got to ride on Daddy's shoulders at the zoo. Big fun!
riding

I am slowly working on getting all the pictures from our trip done and am hoping to get them online today or tomorrow.

Sunday, 08 April 2007

HAPPY EASTER!!!

We pray you have full baskets of yummy treats and full hearts of Good News today! Hallelujah! He is risen!

happy easter

Can you believe last Easter, Adelle fit INSIDE that Easter basket?!

First Easter

I'll take pictures of Adelle in her pretty Easter dress later this morning.

Sunday, 08 April 2007

As promised, here's Adelle in her Easter dress. So pretty!

easter dress

Wednesday, 11 April 2007

One Year Ago Today....

... I had been in labor for three days already.
... I went to my last prenatal visit with the midwife.
... we stopped by DQ for blizzards on the way home from the appointment-my labor picked up there.
... I called Hillary and my mom to come on up to Philly - baby was on his/her way!
... I paced the living room of our tiny apartment during contractions watching American Idol, hoping we wouldn't have to go to the hospital before it was over (we didn't).
... I breathed, relaxed, and thanks to the Bradley Method, had a great labor.
... I looked like this!

40 weeks

Wednesday, 11 April 2007

So I go to get Adelle up from her nap today and this is what I find...
pooped

I guess she was playing with Monkey and just crashed. It's just so stinkin' cute!!!

I've started encouraging Adelle to help me around the house and she gets such a kick out of it. She especially loves to help me with the laundry. She'll take the dry clothes out and put them in the basket, put the wet clothes in the dryer, and hand me dry clothes to fold. What a big helper! Of course, it takes about ten times longer to do it this way, but what am I in a hurry for? Nothing! And it is great to involve her already in helping with family activities. Maybe she'll grow up to love to do laundry just like her Mommy.

helper

helper 2

And yes, I agree, those pigtails are just about the cutest thing I've ever seen!

Thursday, 12 April 2007

Happy Birthday to Me!
Happy Birthday to Me!
Happy Birthday to Adelle!
Happy Birthday to Me!!!

Today is my very first birthday! Since I'm a big girl now and not a baby, I will start writing my own blog.

So yeah, I don't really know what a birthday is, but I can tell it's a pretty special day because Mommy and Daddy woke me up by singing to me this morning and then I got to eat pancakes for breakfast. Mmmmmm. I love pancakes.

A play tent the shape of a castle showed up downstairs overnight. Mommy and Daddy said it was my birthday present. It's kinda weird, but my toys are inside, so I'll probably have to venture in at some point.

Here's a picture of me with this stupid birthday crown on my head. I really don't want to wear it but Mommy just won't let it go. Sigh. Parents.
birthday crown

I'll keep you posted throughout the day!

Thursday, 12 April 2007

I had such a special first birthday today! I already told you about breakfast (mmmmm... pancakes!). After my nap Mommy made me a yummy lunch and then we went to the mall to get pictures taken. I was soooo not in the mood for having pictures taken today. Every time Mommy would put me down to have them take my picture, I would crawl over to her. I guess she just wasn't getting the hint because she kept putting me back on the floor. Finally I started signing 'please' 'all done!'. She started laughing and told me 'okay'. This communication stuff is hard work! Even though I wasn't up for pictures, they actually turned out cute. I even got to help pick out which ones Mommy should to get.

Then we came home and I took another nap. Oh how I do love my naps! After that we went to pick up Daddy from work. I love to see my Daddy. I get so excited! I charmed everyone at the office and they all wished me a Happy Birthday. I feel so special!

When we got home Mommy and Daddy gave me a whole piece of chocolate cake. It was DELISH! I couldn't stop 'mmmmmm'-ing and 'yummmmm'-ing. It was a huge mess but Mommy thought it was cute. Why doesn't she think all my messes are cute? Anyway... I shared some of my cake with Daddy and yes, Mommy finally got me to keep that birthday crown on my head. I was way to preoccupied with the chocolate cake. I didn't even notice she put it on my head. That Mommy is a sneaky one!

cake 2

cake 6

Then Mommy played with me IN my play tent! She was a little big for it, but man oh man was it fun!

playtent 2

Mommy made a super yummy dinner and then I opened presents. Mostly I though the paper was fun to play with. I think there was some stuff in the paper, too, but I don't really remember. I'm really pooped from such a special day. I should probably go night night soon. Yawn. Before I go I have to tell you what Mommy thought was the best part of the day. I wanted to thank Mommy for such a special first birthday, so I walked to her and gave her a hug. I think she laughed and cried a little all at the same time. Yep... that's right.. I WALKED!!!!! She was so happy that I did it a few more times for her before I told her I had had enough with the walking. I did really good, though! Like 7 or 8 steps and I wasn't even scared!

Okay... gotta go night night now.

Friday, 13 April 2007

Mommy helped me put some videos up on You Tube. I hope you like them. I sure do!

This one is of Mommy and Daddy waking me up yesterday by singing Happy Birthday to me. What a great way to wake up!



And this one is me eating my chocolate birthday cake. MMMMmmmMMMM!


Sunday, 15 April 2007

Winnie the Pooh and Tigger, too!

On Friday, my best friend, Carmen, and I had a birthday party together at her house. Our Mommies met when we were still in their tummies and Carmen and I were born in the same hospital only 24 hours apart. We've been friends literally from birth! Cool, huh?

So we had a birthday party together on Friday. It was a Winnie the Pooh party since Carmen and I both really like him and all his friends. That Tigger just cracks me up! We each had our own birthday cakes and ate pizza for dinner, too! This birthday thing is awesome! I get lots of fun new toys and clothes and they let me eat all sorts of yummy things I don't usually get to.

Here are just a few pictures from my party. I helped Mommy put more up on my album. Check 'em out!

cake girls hmmm
Carmen sure is thinking hard about this birthday cake thing. Me, I'm just trying to be patient... bring on the cake!

cake adelle 3
Mmmmmmmm!

Tuesday, 17 April 2007

Busy Me

I have been learning lots of new stuff the last few days. I am picking up signs all over the place and am even walking a bit by myself. I can now sign 'thank you' and blow kisses and I am working really hard on 'book'. I also put my hands together when Mommy says it's time to pray. I talk a lot, too. Mommy even understands most of what I say which is really nice for both of us, I think. I have two new teeth coming in. They are sharp and pointy and hurt.

Carmen and her mommy came over to play today. We had lots of fun. I tried to say her name, but I just ended up calling her 'car' which is pretty close if you ask me. Mommy blew bubbles for us and we thought that was just too much fun. Those bubbles are hard to catch, but it sure is fun to try!

bubbles 2

Tomorrow I have to go to the doctor. I like Doctor Long, though. She is really nice and she likes me... I can tell. I'll tell you all about it tomorrow!

Thursday, 19 April 2007

I went to the doctor yesterday. It was pretty yucky. I was already feeling pretty rotten because my teeth are just killing me, and then they gave me three shots. It was rough. I barely slept last night. You know, Mommy and Daddy look tired this morning, too... I wonder why. Anyway, I now weigh 20.5 pounds and am 30.5 inches tall! Wow. Now wonder I grew out of all my 12 months clothes already.

Friday, 20 April 2007

I'm walking! Mommy set me down this afternoon and I just walked across the room. I acted like I didn't even think about it (though it actually took a lot of work). Mommy and Daddy sure were excited. I don't get what the big deal is to be honest. I've taken steps before... this time I just took a bunch in a row.

I've learned more signs, too! I really like to learn new signs now. I totally get it! Now I can sign 'light' and 'drink', though 'eat' is still my favorite! Mommy is going to have to learn some new signs to teach me.

Sunday, 22 April 2007

Linvilla

Ooooh! I had so much fun yesterday!!! Mommy and Daddy and I met Carmen and her parents at Linvilla Orchards yesterday for a picnic. The weather was so nice and I had such a blast being outside. They have a little farm zoo there so after lunch I got to go see the chickens, ducks, peacocks, geese, sheep, goats, ostriches, and deer. They even had a little baby goat that Mommy thought was adorable... not as adorable as me, though! It would jump and prance all around the pen and just be a silly little goat. Carmen and I played in the grass for awhile, which is among my very favorite things to do. It was a great family day. I hope we go do that again soon!

Here's a picture of us at Linvilla yesterday. Mommy put more on my album.

linvilla family 2

Saturday, 28 April 2007

Those Murderous Molars

Sorry I haven't blogged lately. I've been pretty miserable this week. See, all four of my molars are coming in at once. The pain is just unbearable. Thankfully they aren't keeping me up at night anymore, but during the day I feel pretty rotten. Mommy has been giving me apple slices to munch on and that helps some. Nice and cool and just the right texture for putting pressure on those sore gums. Thanks, Mommy!

Mommy's best friend, Hills, came to visit this week. She has a really big belly. They said there's a baby in there but I couldn't figure out where. I even tried poking her belly button thinking it might do something, but it didn't. How boring.

I'm off to watch Baby Einstein! Yay!

Sunday, 29 April 2007

Peek A Boo!

I totally get peek-a-boo now. It's a really fun game. I just started doing it yesterday. The only trouble is, peek-a-boo takes a certain level of coordination that I haven't quite mastered yet.
So I usually end up putting my hands on my head,
peek a boo 2

or on the side of my face.
peek a boo 3

But I've got the peek-a-boo part down!
peek a boo

This just might be my favorite new thing. Mommy sure thinks it's cute. She giggles every time I do it. It could also have something to do with me being cute, too.

No comments: