Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Adelle - May 2006

Tuesday, 02 May 2006

Mission Possible! Adelle and I both made it through our first solo mission together this morning - buying groceries. Yay! We even made it without so much as a wimper. Go Adelle! I'm going to press my luck by taking her in to the office for awhile when I go to pick Jamie up from work this afternoon. Daring, huh?

Friday, 05 May 2006

I have noticed that when Adelle and I go out, other moms always say the exact same two things to their kids. "Look at the little baby." and "You used to be that little!". I am sure in a few years I'll be saying the exact same things to Adelle when we see a new baby.

We got five and a half whole hours of consecutive sleep last night. I couldn't believe it when the alarm went off this morning. Man did we need that sleep. I remember when five and a half hours was a really bad night's sleep... now it's heaven! Ha ha ha.

Saturday, 06 May 2006

Jamie got his tattoo for Adelle last night. It turned out beautifully. It's her handprint with her name and birthdate. Isn't it lovely???

tattoo sepia

There are more pictures of it on the webshots site.

Sunday, 07 May 2006

Today a lady at the store asked if Adelle was a boy or a girl. A fair question for a newborn... it's hard to tell sometimes. The only thing is, Adelle was wearing a purple dress with flowers on it. Am I wrong in thinking it should have been obvious that Adelle is a girl? Wouldn't I be the meanest mom in the world (not to mention it would probably horrify Jamie) if I dressed our son in a purple flowery dress? Sometimes people are funny.

I don't want to jinx it, but Adelle has slept from 1 to 6 am for the last three nights in a row. I can't believe it! I am hoping she will stick with this schedule because it is working out really well for Jamie and I!!!

Tuesday, 09 May 2006

Today was my first day back at work. Adelle came with me and she did great! I have to say, it helps a lot having Jamie at the office, too.

She has started making cute baby noises from time to time now. She is also seeing better these days. It's so fun to watch her focus on something and try to figure it out. :)

Friday, 12 May 2006

Happy one-month-day to Adelle! It seems like she has been here so much longer than that. I can barely even remember being pregnant with her now. She is getting so big. I'll take some pictures tonight and put them up this weekend.

Saturday, 13 May 2006

Adelle cooed for the first time yesterday. It was so cute! It was the first time she made any noise that wasn't a squeak or a cry. How exciting. She also had her first real smile today, I think. Sadly, it wasn't at Jamie or I. She smiled at the fishies on her play gym. Still way too cute, though!

Here are a few pictures of her that I took last night. She's getting so big!

one month 1

one month 55555

Wednesday, 17 May 2006

Adelle had her one month follow up visit with the pediatrician this morning. She is already 9lbs 11oz! She gained almost 2 pounds in a month. I knew she was getting big. The doctor is thrilled that she is gaining weight and sleeping well at night. She said whatever we are doing, keep doing it. We plan to!

Monday, 22 May 2006

Adelle has been quite smiley lately. There still isn't anything we can do to make her smile yet, but she busts them out several times a day now and they are usually directed at someone who is paying her some attention. It's so cute! I need to try and catch it on video.

Her Nana and Gramps (my mom and step-dad) came to visit this weekend. We had a great time.

Nana, Gramps, and Adelle 1

Tuesday, 23 May 2006

Does she love her fishy playgym or what?!

fishy love 5

fishy love 6

There are more cute pics here

Thursday, 25 May 2006

Motherhood is the one job you can't ever call in sick to. I have a yucky cold (Adelle isn't feeling so good either). Fun. Thankfully Jamie stayed home longer this morning so I could get some extra rest. Hopefully we'll both be feeling better soon.

Tuesday, 30 May 2006

Adelle is still doing really well. We're both well over our colds now. Her Grandpa, Grandma, and Aunts Kelsey and Alyssa are here visiting this week (thus the lack of updates). We've been having a great time.

Jamie stayed home with Adelle for most of the day yesterday while I took my family into the city to do some sightseeing. It was really weird being away for her for so long. Usually it is just for about an hour while I go to the Y and then come back home. I missed her! Jamie told me last night that he understands now why I am so tired by the end of the day. Taking care of a baby is a lot of work.

No comments: