Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Evangeline - December 2007

Saturday, 01 December 2007

Want a little cheese with that WHINE?

So I've been wondering when the sciatic pain was going to kick in this pregnancy. Silly me, for awhile there I thought I'd escape it this time. Not so much. POW! It hit yesterday. It's really my only gripe during pregnancy. It just makes it hard to sleep and even sit or lie down. And since there's not much I can do about it but gripe a bit, that is what I am doing hoping to get it out of my system and move on.

You are so worth it, Baby!

Wednesday, 05 December 2007

Boy or Girl?

You know... I just have no idea. When I was pregnant with Adelle, both Jamie and I had lots of dreams about the baby and it was always a girl.

This time, not so much. I've had one where the baby was a boy and since then I either wake up before they say if the baby's a boy or a girl or they can't tell in the dream. A prime example:

I had a dream a few nights ago that I was giving birth to the baby and his/her head was out. The midwife says, "Oh! It's a redhead!" (which thrilled me... I do want a redhead). I responded, "Is it a boy or a girl?" She said, "I can't tell yet". And then I woke up before the baby was born. Sigh.

Oh well, only 6 more days and we should know. And if they can't tell, maybe it's a redhead! Ha ha ha.

Tuesday, 11 December 2007

Baby's a....

GIRL!!!! More precisely, an Evangeline (Evie) who has yet to have a middle name. Woo hoo! We're so excited. I was initially so surprised because I kind of thought Baby might be a boy this time, but nope... a wonderful girl! We're so thrilled. And you know... it's just so convenient because Evie will arrive the same time of year that Adelle did so we really don't need anything (except lots of diapers) for her.

However, I did set up a little registry at Target, because, well, it's fun. Being the hormonal pregnant lady that I am, I started crying at the Target registry kiosk when I typed in her name for the first time. I know...

We do have a few ultrasound images that will be scanned and added to this blog later in the week. So check back soon!

We're all so excited about you being a part of our family, Evie!

Friday, 14 December 2007

Here she is!

Well, sort of. TJ (co-worker extraordinaire!) was nice enough to scan these in for me today. Here are Evie's ultrasound images:

A lovely little profile shot. You can see her nose, mouth, and chin. You can also see her little hand near her chin (she likes her hands by her face!), a knee from her crossed legs (large white dot at the far left), and a really clear shot of her umbilical cord. Cool. This shot, however, took about ten minutes to get because she kept facing the ultrasound....


...like this! Hello everyone! A VERY clear shot of her little face, pupils of her eyes and all. Wild, huh? You can also see her little arms crossed in front of her, her cord (again), and knees from legs crossed. She's all snuggled in there!


You can click the images to make them bigger.

Saturday, 15 December 2007

boo hoo - get out of my face!

Mood swings? What mood swings?

I think I have officially entered the everything-is-a-big-deal-and-I'm-either-crying-or-crabby stage of my pregnancy. Seriously. I'm out of control. I can't stop crying! And for the few minutes I'm not crying or on the verge of tears each day I am really crabby. My poor family. I really feel sorry for them. I am such a mess. I think that's part of the frustration (which also leads to tears) - I KNOW I am being crazy, but I can't help it. Fun times for all.

Sunday, 16 December 2007

20 weeks and kicking... literally!

So, I'm 20 weeks today. Yay! I was all dolled up last night for Girls' Night so I had Jamie take a picture of me then. I'm quite definitely pregnant looking now!

20 weeks

Evie's quite a little kicker. Actually, I feel her punches more often than her kicks... so I guess she's quite a little boxer. Ha ha ha.

Friday, 21 December 2007

Yep... I did it.

I went to Coldstone last night and after about five minutes of debate, I decided to try the dark chocolate mint with peanut butter cups. You know what? It was DEE-LISH!!! And Evie went crazy kicking and dancing. I guess she thought it tasted good, too. Since it came to me in a dream a while back, I am going to assume it was all Evie's idea to begin with.

I only ate half yesterday so I've got more crazy ice cream goodness to enjoy this afternoon.


No comments: