Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Adelle - October 2005

Saturday, 01 October 2005

Hills is awesome. She fed me barbecue on Thursday night and burgers, baked beans, and baked fries last night. She's hitting those vinegary food cravings like mad! Ha ha ha.

I realized last night that I hadn't felt nauseous all day. In fact, other than being tired, I felt so good I didn't even realize I felt so good (does that even make sense?). So far today I feel pretty good, too. Two days in a row? That would be a miracle. I guess maybe I really am on my way out of the yucky feeling first trimester. Nice.

Hills also let me borrow all her maternity clothes. I'm going to have so many choices for fun things to wear over the next 6-12 months! So fun!

Monday, 03 October 2005

Still feeling good! Woo hoo!

I am, however, hyper-emotional these days. Everything makes me cry. In fact, I am sitting here crying right now because President Bush is nominating the new Supreme Court judge. Why? I have no idea. I'm one of the least political people I know. But here I am crying just the same. I learned last night that watching Extreme Makover, Home Edition when you are pregnant is pretty rough. You just cry all the way through it! Ha ha ha.

Jamie is back in Philly now starting work. I'm still in Laurel with Hills because we are going to Georgia this week for Kara's wedding (during which I'm sure I'll cry... that's what you get when you have a pregnant bridesmaid! Sorry ahead of time, Kara.). But I miss Jamie like crazy. A week is so long to be away from him. I can't wait to see him on Sunday! Of course, missing him makes me cry, too.

Enough boo hooing for today. Love you all!

Thursday, 06 October 2005

So I'm back in Atlanta for Kara's wedding. Hills and I are about to leave soon to go to the bridesmaids' luncheon. Fun.

I had my first stranger ask me if I was pregnant yesterday! It was so fun to say, "Yes, I am!". :) Then later, another lady asked me, too. So fun!

I am officially in my second trimester now. Yippy!!!

I'm going to have Hills take a picture of me today, but I think I probably won't be able to get it up online til this weekend. Stay tuned!

Monday, 10 October 2005

Well, I relaized what I am really craving. I thought it was barbecue, vinegary foods, etc. But I realized this past week during our trip to Georgia that I am, in fact, craving condiments. It's so silly. What brought me to this realization? I had just finished eating the rest of my Chick-Fil-A fries when I realized I still had ketchup in the packet left. I started bringing the packet close to my mouth because I had the strongest urge to suck the rest of the ketchup out of the packet!!! In horror, I threw the packet into the trash bag and freaked out a little. What is going on with my body??? Ha ha ha. So the barbecue, the burgers and such are really just the means to an end... the are the excuse for eating the condiments. It's the craziest thing.

Our trip went well and Kara's wedding was great. As predicted, I cried through the whole thing. I still get choked up just thinking about it. :) I definitely looked pregnant in my bridesmaids dress. I even had a friend take a picture to put up online. As soon as we can get our computer hooked up online, I'll put it up for all to see. After seeing me in this dress, Hills jumped on the twins bandwagon. I still think I'm big for only 13 1/2 weeks.

My next doctors appointment is today. Yay! I should get to hear the baby's heartbeat today. Won't that be fun? Maybe they'll even do another sonogram. I'll let you all know how it went tomorrow.

Monday, 10 October 2005

Wow... I got that pic up online now. I'm thinkin' that I look a little more pregnant than the last picture. :) You can see the picture bigger here - http://community.webshots.com/user/baby_garrett

The doctor's appointment was great. She's all for letting me stay on my Glucophage the whole pregnancy which makes me really happy. And the coolest thing - we got to hear the baby's heartbeat for the first time! It was just too cool! What was not so cool is that I've gained 11 pounds. Since I've been traveling for weeks on end and eating lots of junk, it's no surprise. But I'm glad we're getting settled and I can cook now and eat the more healthy things I usually do. But the doc didn't seem too worried about it. She said I was technically underweight when I got pregnant anyway so I should gain a little more. I'm trying not to stress about weight gain and just try to enjoy being pregnant. :)

Wednesday, 12 October 2005

I am 14 weeks pregnant today. Yay! The baby is now about 5 inches long. So cool.

I think I am getting sick. I am really hoping it is just a yucky morning and that I'm not. That would be no fun.

I'm really enjoying my new job. It's really fun to me. Then again, numbers and data entry are fun for me, so....

We found an apartment last night. It's in a semi-suburb close to the office (still a little city, but very residential and quiet). It's the bottom floor of a 100 year old house. Very cool. It's defintiely not modern, but it has lots of character and other things we love (we can plant in the back yard, there is a front porch, it's on a quiet street, and it's not a complex!). I'll have to take pictures once we moved in and get settled.

Saturday, 15 October 2005

Well, my first week of work was great. I don't know if it is starting a new job or being pregnant (or probably a combination of the two), but I have been dead tired all week. I plan on resting as much as possible this weekend.

Not too much new to report on the pregnancy. Now that I am in my second trimester I am feeling pretty good and I'm pretty sure most of the 'weird' things I'll experience have shown up already. But you never know!

Is it weird that sometimes I still find it hard to believe that I am pregnant? I think it is... I guess it's just too exciting!

Everyone wants to know 'what we're having'. We're really not trying to make people crazy, we just really want to be surprised. But if it makes any of you feel better, we have decided on names. Colin for a boy and Adelle for a girl. Cute, huh? Okay, so no copying for those of you who are also having babies right now! Ha ha ha.

Tuesday, 18 October 2005

I'm almost 15 weeks pregnant! Too cool.

I've been having trouble with hip pain recently, which I know is normal, but it's still uncomfortable. It makes it hard to get a good night's sleep. Maybe I need more pillows. I'm going to be sleeping in a pillow fortress before long! Ha ha ha.

Not too much has changed I guess. I look at myself everyday in the mirror expecting to be bigger, but you know, it happens so gradually that I can't really tell a difference until I compare pictures. I think I'll take another picture next week.

Tuesday, 18 October 2005

I almost forgot... I have started having REALLY strong cravings for stuff sometimes. I was soooooo close to driving to the grocery store in my jammies last night because I wanted some restaurant style pickles. You know, the white kosher ones..... mmmmmmm. So funny. I wanted something else the other night, too but I can't remember what it was.

Thursday, 20 October 2005

I got my pickles last night. Ha ha ha. We were at the deli/produce shop we found (it's so awesome!) and I grabbed a jar of those yummy deli kosher dills so the next time I start craving them I won't be torn by the fact that I am already in my jammies and don't want to drive to the store.

In unrelated baby stuff... Jamie and I didn't get a chance to celebrate our 4th anniversary this year because we were busy traveling, so this weekend Jamie is taking me to my very favorite place - the Cheesecake Factory. Mmmmmm. I think I'm going to have to order an appetiser for lunch just so I have room for the real reason you go there - cheesecake! I can't wait!

Back to baby news (just not mine). I found out today that one of my friends from college is pregnant! Congratulations Jesse and Kristen!!! We're praying for you guys.

And back to my favorite list! Let's add a few more, shall we?

You know you're pregnant when...
  • You start having dreams about Beyonce being in your best friend's wedding and you're so big you have to wear a tux instead of a dress.
  • You voluntarily up your fiber intake.
  • Your husband starts talking to your belly and you think it's cute.
  • You begin sleeping in a pillow fort at night in any attept for comfort.
Have a fun day today! Love you all.

Monday, 24 October 2005

So last week I started getting these weird feelings in my tummy. It feels like popcorn popping in there! Ha ha ha. I'm pretty sure that's Baby dancing around in there. It doesn't happen too often, but every once in a while I can feel him or her popping around. I should start calling Baby 'Popcorn' as a nickname. It's really fun for me, and a bit weird if I think about it too long! But I can't wait until those kicks get big enough for Jamie to feel them, too. So fun!

We had fun at the Cheesecake Factory and we picked out some furniture at Ikea, too. What a fun Saturday. I also made the mistake of checking out the Pottery Barn Kids store... wow. so cute. But crazy expensive!

I'm getting excited about our next appointment already even though it's still two weeks away!

Monday, 24 October 2005

I've updated the photo album with a new picture of me (it's the same one I've also updated this site with). So now you can compare for yourselves and see if you think I've gotten any bigger over the last 2 1/2 weeks. http://community.webshots.com/user/baby_garrett

Wednesday, 26 October 2005

Happy being pregnant four months to me! Yay. I am 16 weeks today. Woo hoo. In celebration, let's do a poll this week! It'll be fun. I don't know about you, but I'm starting to wonder if Baby is a boy or a girl. Let's see what you think...
Free polls from Pollhost.com
Is Baby...
a boy! a girl! one of each! twin boys! twin girls!
Moving on... Baby was really active last night. He/she started bopping around down there about 7 last night and just kept on going! Ha ha ha. Everytime I would wake up in the middle of the night, Baby was still dancing around. It's really a funny feeling. I wish Jamie could feel it, too.

Poor Jamie. I was really grumpy yesterday. I mean, REALLY irritable. Gotta love those pregnancy hormones! Feeling better today, though. We're all grateful for that! Ha ha ha.

Thursday, 27 October 2005

So, I went to the regular doctor today for a check up. All is well. But since I am pregnant she told me I needed to get a flu shot since it is way yuckier if I get sick right now. So, I got one. And I am going to take 5 quick seconds to be a big baby about it - WAH! My arm hurts cause I had to have a yucky shot today! - okay, all better now. At least I got a cool sparkly holographic bandaid!

Don't forget to vote in the poll! You can vote once a day for the next week.

Friday, 28 October 2005

OOOOUUUUCCCCHHHHH!!! I had the WORST cramp in my calf last night. Wow. I woke up wimpering 'ow ow ow' and poor Jamie woke up thinking something might be really wrong. But man oh man did it hurt. I thought I was going to be sick it hurt so bad. And it is still sore this morning. Fun. But you know, I've read that some women wake up with these every night while they are pregnant, so I should be thankful this is my first one. I hope it is also my last.

And of course I feel sick today. I think it was that mean old flu shot. Poor Jo. Ha ha ha.

Monday, 31 October 2005

Man I had weird dreams last night. Craziness.

My leg feels better and I haven't had another cramp since Thursday. Yay!

We bought a bunch of stuff from Ikea this weekend for our new place. Yay Ikea! They actually have the most wonderful nursery furniture there, but I don't think they do registries. Bummer. We might just buy it ourselves and take the nursery furniture off of our Target registry.

We joined the 'Y' near here this weekend so I can start swimming and walking on the treadmill again. I miss how good it feels to exercise. I am especially excited about swimming. It just sounds so soothing to me. All that warm water on my sore legs and hips... bring it on! Ha ha ha. We'll see if I actually have time to go this week since we're moving. Doubtful. But there's always next week!

Happy Halloween! I hope you all get lots of yummy candy!

No comments: