Thursday, 21 May 2009
Evie is showing us a little more of her funny little personality every day. She is obsessed with filling containers with toys, walking in circles, and throwing balls. The last one is a bit tricky as she likes to do this inside which is a no-no in our family. Today, she threw Shtutzy's tennis ball inside and I leaned down and said, "Evie, honey. We don't throw balls inside". As I was telling her this, she looked at me and just started shaking her head at me. She got it... I was saying "no no". The head shaking is new. She just picked it up a few days ago and likes to answer us all the time now with 'no'. At least she isn't screaming it at me. As with most things she does, it is done with a little mischievous smirk. Hoo boy. This one'll keep me on my toes.
Wednesday, 27 May 2009
Evie really gets the whole communication thing now. She responds on her own with signs when we talk to her. Just this morning I asked her if she was all done with a certain book. She shook her head no at me. So I handed the book back to her. I said, "Evie, say 'Thank you, Mommy'." to which responded by signing 'thank you' followed by saying "ma ma". Sweet thing. She also tries to play peek-a-boo, but usually ends up with hands covering her ears instead of her eyes... close. :) She tries to say "uh-oh", too, but it just comes out uh-uh. It is all sing-song-y, though. :) She's got a great natural ear for pitch and tone.
Friday, 29 May 2009
Evie loves to share. If Adelle wants something that she has, all Adelle has to do is ask and Evie will happily hand it over. She also likes to share her snacks. She is always offering half-eaten cheese-its and animal crackers to me (I often politely refuse). Today after lunch, the girls were enjoying some fresh peaches. The girls are huge fans of fresh fruit, but especially peaches. Jamie asked Evie if he could have a piece. At first she just ignored him. So he asked her again, "Evie, can I have a bite?" to which she very clearly responded with a head shake indicating "No, sir, you may not have any of my peaches. Back off!". It was so funny that we all about fell off our chairs laughing. Evie didn't see what was so funny. This was no joke to her. Oh man, I love this age!
No comments:
Post a Comment