Thursday, 03 April 2008
It's interesting to me that people don't seem to be as interested or excited about Evangeline's arrival as they were for Adelle's. I guess this is normal for baby #2? I dunno. Just an interesting observation. It's hard not to take it personally, though. We are, of course, just as excited as we were with Adelle. But seeing as we're Mommy and Daddy that's probably a good thing. ![]()
Still nothing too new to report here. Still pregnant. Still not expecting her soon, which is good since I'm not even 36 weeks yet. I am, however, trying not to get my hopes up that she'll turn up a bit early (I am much more uncomfortable this pregnancy). Seeing as things usually don't go as you anticipate, she'll probably be two weeks late. And that would be fine, too. We want her to come when she's ready.
Friday, 04 April 2008
Spring Cleaning or Nesting?
Maybe a bit of both?Yesterday was my 'tonight-is-kinship-so-I-need-to-pick-up-the-house day. I usually clean the bathrooms really well, do the floors and then do a quick dust and wipe down of everything else. Yesterday I went into the kitchen for a quick 10 minute going over. 45 minutes later I found myself compelled to scrub the cabinet doors, clean out the refrigerator, and declutter the cabinets. I understand this may be normal kitchen cleaning to some of you, and to that I say, AWESOME. For me, though, it's odd. I do tend to clean a bit more thoroughly at the start of spring, but I dunno... seems a bit nesty to me.
Sunday, 06 April 2008
Yep.
I am as big and uncomfortable as I look. ![]()

Monday, 14 April 2008
midwife update
I just got back from the midwife. Not too much new to report. I don't have to have an IV since my strep b came back negative (woo hoo!). She said Evangeline is probably about 7 pounds right now and it's just a waiting game at this point. I'd say I am getting closer since I went to my appointment in my glasses and no make up today... one step closer to showing up in sweats.
Tick tock...
Thursday, 17 April 2008
It's back!
My insane craving for home made salsa and guacamole! I made a batch of both yesterday and can barely keep myself from eating it all in one sitting. Mmmmm...I'm hurting a lot now and move at turtle speed. Fun times. I feel bad for poor Adelle. She always wants me to sit on the floor and play with her and I just can't get down there anymore. And if for some reason I do manage to get down on the floor, I'm stuck there until Jamie can come hoist me up. It's pretty pathetic. I hate feeling helpless. Jamie had to put my socks on for me the other day. Sigh. But I am now to the point where I just let people help me because 1- although I hate asking people to do things that I think I could probably still manage to do for myself, it won't last long so I might as well appreciate it while they're offering and 2- honestly... I need the help these days. Even if I can do it, it is much harder to do and greatly multiplies my sciatic and pelvic pain.
And let me just say for the record, if you come to my house sometime in the next month, I'm sorry it's a mess. My goal is to keep the bathrooms clean and prevent the kitchen from becoming a health hazard. Beyond that, I just can't do anymore (and even with those things I need lots of help from Jamie).

Saturday, 19 April 2008
38 weeks
Ask and you shall receive. Per several requests, here is a new picture of Evangeline and I. Two words... Oh My.
Wednesday, 23 April 2008
Midwife
I saw the midwife again today. Actually, I am meeting the other midwives in the practice these last few weeks since I don't know who will be on call when I go into labor. Today, I met Moon (yes, that's really her name). She was exactly what I expected her to be. Very nice, but a middle aged hippie just the same.
Anyway... so I met Moon today and there's really not too much to report. Evie's still in there kicking away. I don't think she's coming any time very soon. I will keep you updated, though.
And there seems to be a little confusion. We plan to call Evangeline either Evangeline or Evie (whichever you prefer). Evie with a long 'e' as in Eden, not as in Evergreen. Yes, I am that mom.
Friday, 25 April 2008
And so it begins...
I got my first, "So are you in labor yet?" phone call last night. The answer is no. Not yet.And so it begins...
Saturday, 26 April 2008
Blech.
Something is definitely up.
My burst of energy was very suddenly replaced with extreme exhaustion and nausea yesterday afternoon. I even had to leave work early (which if you know me, is odd). I have been falling asleep on and off all day (which is also odd for me) and I have zero appetite (again... I usually love me some food!).
I had the stomach flu three days before I gave birth to Adelle. I am now wondering if this is just my body's reaction to imminent labor. We'll see.
Just wanted to give an update. I'm going to go lay back down now.
Monday, 28 April 2008
midwife update
Saw the last midwife today. She was lovely. I have really liked all the midwives, though there are some I connected with more quickly than others. Her guess matched mine that Evie is probably about eight pounds and ready anytime. She gave me the on-call list for the rest of the week so I know who is on-call should I start labor this week. I'm still pulling for Thursday or Friday, especially since my favorite midwives are on-call those days! ![]()
Still not feeling fabulous, but hanging in there. I'll keep you updated as I have things to report.
Wednesday, 30 April 2008
Welcome Evie!!!
Evangeline Rose was born at 11:03am on Tuesday, April 29th. It was an adventure! I'll post all the details of her birth soon. To hold you over until then, here are a few pics. More are on our album site.
The new family of four!
Evie



No comments:
Post a Comment