Monday, 05 March 2007
Adelle totally gets 'please' now. Just yesterday she pointed to a toy in her toybox that she couldn't reach and then signed 'please'. Smart cookie!She has been 'talking' a lot. She just jabbers away to herself all day. It's so funny.
She can now walk while only hold one of our hands instead of two... she's on her way!
Wednesday, 07 March 2007
Tooth #8 is just about to bust through. She's a little overemotional today. Poor baby girl.A girl started a play group at the church. Yesterday was the first day we were able to go. Adelle always has so much fun with other kids. It's such a blessing. When we take her down to the nursery at church on Sundays, so is so happy to play with new people, kids, and toys!
I made a few little summer dresses for her in the past week or so. They are just too cute. I can't wait for the weather to warm up enough for her to wear them!

Yep, that's a little ruffle butt on those.

They do all have matching little panties, I just didn't take pictures of them all.

Monday, 12 March 2007
Happy 11-month Day to Adelle!Only one more month until her first birthday. Wow. That's going to sneak up on me soon.
Tooth #8 did bust through this weekend. She is feeling much better now. Yay.
So since she is 11 months old now I figure I should probably just accept the fact that it will be a huge mess and let her try a spoon with her breakfast. As I expected, she jammed her hand right in the yogurt and started 'finger painting' with it. But I would load up her spoon in between bites from the spoon I was feeding her with, and she'd get it in her mouth. She is, after all, quite a big girl now.
In big Adelle news - I SWEAR she said her first word (besides mama and dada) today. It was 'kitty', or something very close to that while she was pointing to one of our cats. I about jumped out of my seat I was so excited. Jamie and I just looked at each other and asked, "Did she just say 'kitty'?" We got her to say it a few more times before bed. It's just tooooooo exciting. Of course it could have been a huge coincidence, but I am going to pretend it's not. Yep, Adelle is officially a big girl. In fact, here's a picture of her doing 'so big' this morning.

Wednesday, 14 March 2007
So Adelle totally says 'kitty'! I thought it was maybe just a coincidence, but she pointed to the cat again this morning and said 'kitty'. Awesome!I put up some new pictures of Adelle.
Wednesday, 14 March 2007
Adelle took her first steps today!!!! She took two steps and then decided it was too scary and plopped down to the ground. WOW! Big week.Here's a cute picture of her in her new hat. Soooooooo cute!

Friday, 23 March 2007
Adelle has picked up another sign - 'play'. It's really cute! It's not quite right, but close. She sticks out her hands and just randomly twirls her wrists. Seriously adorable. She also waves her hand back and forth for 'stinky'. Not an official sign (I don't think), but handy when she's got a dirty diaper.She's standing a whole bunch these days. No more steps, but she'll just stand and play with toy and then plop down and crawl off at the speed of lightning. Man she's fast!
Since the weather has finally warmed up here, she doesn't really need her fuzzy jammies anymore. It's a good thing because she had pretty much outgrown them all anyway. So last night she graduated to big girl jammies. No feet, and two pieces! She looks like such a big girl... not a baby at all. She's just too cute.
I'm off to work today and then Adelle and I are off tomorrow for a week with Nana and Gramps. I'm sure if she understood what was going on she'd be excited... for now I'm excited for the both of us. We'll miss Jamie, though.
Thursday, 29 March 2007
Q: What do the words apple, yum, hi, puppy, shoe, and pretty have in common?
A: They are all words Adelle has said this week. I KNOW!!!!
Yep, she's repeating words like a little parrot. She uses 'pretty' often when she sees something she likes. It's too cute.
We're still in Virginia visiting her Nana and Gramps this week. Adelle is having a great time with them. A bonus is that the weather has been so nice she's been able to wear t-shirts and go with no shoes or socks most of the time. She's having a great time playing out in the grass and chasing the kitties around.
We sure miss Jamie, though. Just yesterday Adelle was playing with my cell phone in the back seat of the car on the way home from an errand. She put it up to her ear like she was talking and said , "Hi Daddy!". We called him as soon as we got back so she could 'talk' to him (which consists mostly of cheesy grinning and pushing buttons on the phone).
She's had lots of new foods this week. Her favorite so far is baked beans. Go figure. ![]()
I'll put up new pictures when we get home this weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment