Thursday, 09 April 2009
![]() | Currently Max & Ruby - Party Time with Max & Ruby By Samantha Morton, Billy Rosemberg, Julie Lemieux, Kay Hawtrey, Cameron Ansell see related |
birthday week
Adelle is growing up so fast. I can't believe she'll be three on Sunday. How did that happen? I was buying her a birthday card at the store this week and burst into tears just thinking about how big she's gotten. She is such a sweet, thoughtful, silly girl.
I asked her what kind of cake she would like for her birthday. This was her response' "Mommy, I would like a chocolate cake with pink frosting and sprinkles and raspberries, okay?" And just incase I didn't catch it the first time, she quickly followed it up with, "PINK frosting and sprinkles and raspberries on CHOCOLATE cake." Got it. Just in case you weren't entirely sure who she takes after, you should pretty much have it by now. ![]()
She has also requested a 'princess party' which given that we have no friends here, will consist of us wearing princess party hats on her birthday, I suppose. We're really missing Mary and Carmen these days. It feels wrong to celebrate the girls' birthdays so far apart this year. Maybe next year.
On to other subjects, I have started a little bit of 'school' with Adelle. She really wants to learn to read and I figure I've got the time right now so I might as well spend a little more structured time with her a few days a week. I found a free curriculum which I am using as a jumping-off point. She is really loving it so far. Am I setting myself up to homeschool here? That's not exactly my plan. Socially, Adelle really needs school outside of our home, but educationally, she is already thriving. I'll cross that bridge when we get there in a few more years. Until then, she is having a great time. This week we're learning about Easter and the letter 'x'. We made hot cross buns and handprint easter lilies, learned how to write an 'x' as well as what sound it makes, and mare memorizing Matthew 28:6. The girl is a sponge. Tomorrow we'll review, work a bit with numbers, and then dye Easter eggs.
Friday, 10 April 2009
Little Monkey Has Boo-Boos
Apparently mummifying little monkey in scotch tape will take care of this problem. I think the tape is supposed to be bandages. Either way, it's cute. ![]()
Sunday, 12 April 2009
Happy Birthday and a Happy Easter, too!
This year, Adelle's third birthday landed on Easter. So we celebrated her birthday on Saturday so she would be able to enjoy each special day on its own. She wanted a Princess Party and a special cake. We surprised her by taking her to Chuck E Cheese for lunch and fun time as well as to Barnes and Noble to pick out a few new books with her birthday money. She had a great day!
Today, she finally got to wear her new Easter dress (which she has been dying to wear since she first spotted it in her closet about a month ago). We tooks tons of pics and then she did a little easter egg hunt in the front yard. She decorated all the eggs herself on Friday.
We are now off to Chapel Hill for Greenleaf's Easter service as well as a special few days with Grandmommy and Granddaddy, who are coming up to visit!
Wednesday, 29 April 2009
A Fun Outing
This morning Adelle and I went to the park and the grocery store together while Evie took a nap (No. We didn't leave Evie home alone). Adelle enjoyed the playground, but not so much for the swings, slides, and monkey bars. No. She spent most of her play time picking and blowing dandelions, thus ensuring countless hours of dendelion fun for all who visit that park.
Then we went to Kroger to pick up a handful of things. It took a solid 45 minutes to do so because a) apparently the grocery store is THE PLACE to be if you are an adorable little girl because people will climb over each other to give you food. and b) Mommy let her have her own cart, push it, place the groceries inside it, and scan these items at the self check out. She was soooooo happy. Good thing we weren't in a hurry. I just hope this hasn't set us up to do this every time we go shopping. I have an uneasy feeling about that one...
All in all, a great day for Adelle!








No comments:
Post a Comment