Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Adelle - September 2008

Saturday, 13 September 2008

The Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeach!

Adelle LOVED our week 'down the shore' (or, at the BEEEEEEEEEACH!!!, as she put it). We had a wonderful time. When describing our time to her grandpa tonight on the phone, this is what she said, "The water got my toes. And there were surfboards and boys". Ha ha ha. Okay, then.

There are way too many pics to put up here, so here are a few. You can find a zillion more here.

adelle 4

sand 11

waves 4

Tuesday, 16 September 2008

Today's Craft

Today we painted sun catchers. It was big fun for Adelle, but Carmen was less interested. She mostly played and came over to check on Adelle from time to time. Fine by Adelle, more for her to paint.

"Hey Adelle. Whatcha doin'?" was my attempt to get her to look at me for a picture.
"Painting!", she said without missing a beat.
Hmmm.... she didn't fall for that one. I guess I'll have to try a more direct approach.
painting 1

"Hey Adelle. Will you look at me and smile?"
"CHEESE!!!"
Well, that's not exactly the look I was going for, but whatever.
painting 2

Let's just focus on the fun instead.
painting 3

My poor kids. I LOVE taking pictures and they will probably grow up with some issue about being photographed since I constantly have a camera pointed at them.

Thursday, 18 September 2008

Beach video

I forgot to upload this video a few days ago. It's from our time at the beach. You can see just how excited Adelle and Carmen were. :)


Thursday, 25 September 2008

Jesus Loves Me and other favorites

Adelle has taken quite an interest in singing these days. I guess it's because she is now old enough to pick up lyrics and (sort of) melody. She's got Jesus Loves Me down pat and also is a pro with Thy Word. I have video of dueling toddler singing with Adelle and Carmen with Evie chiming in. I'll get that online soon.

Tuesday, 30 September 2008

life around here these days...

I am constantly more and more amazed by Adelle. I seem to consistently underestimate her. Yesterday was too nice of a day to stay home. So, brave mommy that I am, I decided to take them both to Linvilla all on my own... without a stroller because it was locked in the garage (long story). I have to say, I have been avoiding taking them somewhere by myself for a good while now. Her ability and willingness always seem to be way ahead of my desire to overcome mommy fears of wailing children and running after toddlers. But I plucked up my courage and off we went. On the way there, I talked to Adelle about listening to Mommy and that I'd have to feed Evie, etc. while we were there. You know what? Adelle did GREAT!!! She was happy, obedient, and had a blast. What a fun day for all three of us. Evie happily hung out in the sling and watched Adelle play. Yay! I just might do this again.

Adelle has recently discovered the power of prayer. We've been praying with her for awhile now and she'll pray at night before bed and in childrens church. But last week I was sick and so Jamie suggested to Adelle that they both pray for me together. They did. Later that evening Adelle checked in on me.

"Mommy. You are all better now?" she asked.
"No. Not yet, honey. I'm still sick," I responded.
"I will pray for you Mommy." she replied. She then laid her hands on me and prayed this simple prayer, "Dear Jesus. Please bless Mommy and help her not be sick. In Jesus' name. Amen."
"You are all better now?" she asked.
"Nope. I still feel yucky." I responded.
"I will pray for you again then," she insisted.
I smiled and thought to myself, "Yep. She's a Vineyard kid." Ha ha ha.
She then repeated the prayer, gave me a hug, and moved on to play.

I'd love to say I was healed right then and there. I wasn't. But you know what? I woke up the next day feeling great. Adelle was amazed that Mommy felt better. We both agreed it must be because of her prayers for me. We both smiled at the awesomeness of God.

I love this girl. I especially love who God is shaping her to be. She is an absolute joy and delight!

No comments: