Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Adelle - September 2005

Friday, 02 September 2005

So I thought it would be fun to start a pregnancy journal. Even if I'm the only one who reads it! Ha ha ha.

Boy do I feel pregnant! It's kind of fun, though. I mean, it is a constant reminder that I am actually expecting a baby. Yippy!

There are already plenty of foods my body is no longer interested in - chesse, mushrooms, anything really creamy, yick. Just thinking about those things grosses me out. It's really weird. Being pregnant is such a funny thing sometimes. All of the sudden nothing tastes good anymore, especially foods you usually love. I've been told I'll get my appetite back (with a vengance!) in a month or so. Until then, no big deal. Toast is good. :)

This pregnancy sure is really different from last time so far!

Friday, 02 September 2005

I've put the first picture of me pregnant up online. As soon as I can scan it, I'll add the sonogram. Fun fun! http://community.webshots.com/user/baby_garrett

Saturday, 03 September 2005

I think we can safely add mayo to the list of foods I won't be eating again for awhile. I'll just leave it at that.

I can already tell a bit of a difference in my body. It's a little weird actually that I can see it a bit already. I am probably the only one who can tell so far, but I can. I think it's kinda cool.

Jamie has yet to stop grinning and telling me how excited he is. It's fun for us to get to be excited about this together. I feel really sad for couples who can't share that.

People already want to know 'what' the baby is. I usually tell them 'it's a baby'. At this point, I'm not sure why they think we'd know at 8 weeks. I guess they just didn't think about it too much. Speaking of, we're having a hard time deciding if we want to find out the sex of the baby. Actually, I should say that I am having a hard time. Jamie doesn't want to know. On one hand, I think it would be fun to be surprised, but on the other (slightly larger hand) I really just want to know. So we'll see. People have suggested that I could know and just not tell Jamie. That's not really fair to either of us, though, I don't think. Plus, I would also have to keep it from everyone else then, too. No fun. So, we'll see.

We're off to Atlanta for two weeks today. I'll try to update this as often as I can get online. I can't wait to tell my girlfriends up there. I was going to call them, but since I'm seeing them in the next two weeks, I thought I'd just tell them in person. More fun for me that way! :)

Thursday, 08 September 2005

Well, feeling pretty sick again. Definitely still pregnant. Ha ha ha.

A couple at our church this week gave us an entire bag of baby clothes they don't need anymore. Nice! I can't wait to sit down and look at them all.

We're heading over to Betsy's today. Fun fun. She's making me millet muffins which I absolutely love. Isn't she nice? I'm hoping to go to 'her' thrift store. She lives in a nice area of town and found a great thrift store with really awesome stuff. She said there's tons of great maternity clothes there. I'm thinking I may have to go see what I can find.

Friday, 09 September 2005

I finally have the ultrasound picture online! YAY! You can check it out at http://community.webshots.com/user/baby_garrett

The thrift store was a success yesterday. I found three cute maternity tops for like 3 bucks each. They look like they've never even been worn. Yippy. Very exciting.

Having fun at Betsy's. She made me her chocolate chip muffins last night. I'm hooked. They are really good for you, too. Oats, whole wheat flour, nuts, yum!

If you would like to receive email updates when I update this site, just click 'subscribe!' at the top of the screen and follow the steps from there.

Better go. I'm still sitting around in my jammies. Yikes.

Monday, 12 September 2005

Well, I think I am officially set for maternity clothes (and they are so cute I can barely wait to wear them!). I met my mom at a mall yesterday since she is in town on business and I hadn't seen her in TWO YEARS!!!! I thought we'd just goof around, and we did, but she also was nice enough to buy me maternity stuff. Isn't she great? She also bought Ginger some really cute stuff, too (since we're both expecting). I miss my mommy.

Not too much else is new. When we get back to Dublin this weekend, I'll take another picture to add to the prego Jo pics. Fun fun.

Wednesday, 14 September 2005

I'm ten weeks pregnant today! Woo hoo!

And cue hot flashes. So weird. I guess the progesterone is doing its job. Ha ha ha.

Jamie and I have come to a big decision which will probably bum out the grandparents a bit. We've decided not to find out the sex of the baby until he or she is born. I really didn't have a strong feeling about it one way or the other and Jamie really wanted it to be a surprise. I love Jamie like crazy and don't want this pregnancy to be all about me just because I am carrying the baby, so we're going with his wishes on this. I am actually getting really excited about what a fun surprise it will be. We were planning on doing the nursery stuff in gender neutral colors anyway so we can reuse it al for future babies, so this works for us. I guess we'll be getting lots of green, yellow, aqua, and white. Ha ha ha!

I am actually starting to feel a bit better already. Well, at least I am not having as many sick all day days as before. But nothing sounds good to me to eat still. My appetite will come back soon I think.

I am already in my 'in between' clothes. I've grown out of most of my regular clothes, but am not quite big enough to wear my maternity stuff yet. Good thing I have a couple pairs of pants that were too big for me.

Thursday, 15 September 2005

You know you're really pregnant when...

...you eat breakfast and immediately go back to bed for another hour.

...you think wearing bigger clothes is fun and exciting.

...you start crying in Sears because you just don't want to eat Thai food for dinner (which is exactly what happened last night).

So, we went out to Fuddruckers instead. And you know what? I ate a full meal! This is the first time this has happened in two months. Jamie and I were both amazed. I ate one half of my burger and was still hungry, so I ate the other half. Then I ate half the fries. Crazy! And it tasted sooooo good. But of course, this morning everything is back to normal... no appetite at all. Maybe Baby was just really hungry and in the mood for a burger last night. Ha ha ha. Ah, the small things that become so new when you're pregnant.

I'll stop boring you with my eating habits now. :)

Saturday, 17 September 2005

So, I've added a new picture to the 'See Jo Grow' album. I know it's only been 2 1/2 weeks, but I can totally tell a difference. See if you can, too! http://community.webshots.com/user/baby_garrett

Yeah, so I am pretty much out of my normal pants and am into my 'in between' ones now. Nice elastic waists, etc. It may not be too long now til I'm in maternity stuff.

Thanks for keeping up with us. This is big fun!

Monday, 19 September 2005

I've changed my profile picture (as you can see) to my most recent prego Jo pic. That was Hills' idea. Isn't she smart? Whenever I take the next one I'll put it there as well as add it to the online album.

People keep asking me "What are you having?". To which I snarkily reply, "A baby". I think the people that are asking are all people who never had the technology to find out the sex of the baby when they were pregnant so they don't realize that 11 weeks is WAY to early to be able to tell. I still probably shouldn't be so snarky with them, though. Bad Jo. But I thought that was an odd question... what are you having?

As you can probably tell, I have been pretty grumpy lately. Whether it is all due to pregnancy or not, I don't know. But the fact remains... I am more often the Grumpus than not. Poor Jamie.

Last night I really wanted a hamburger. I didn't get one, though. But it still sounds good to me this morning. My first craving? I guess we'll see! :)

Thursday, 22 September 2005

Happy 4th Anniversary to Jamie and I!

I'm definitely feeling better these days. Still not fabulous, but I haven't had any really bad sick days in about a week now. Woo hoo.

Found some cute maternity stuff on clearance at Old Navy yesterday I just couldn't resist. So now I have two pairs of jeans. That's great because it's all I wear when I'm not working.

We're having a great time with my family here in Roanoke this week. Big fun.

I've definitely started craving stuff. Nothing too weird yet. But I was really craving pork barbecue, so we went out for barbecue today and that tasted super yummy.

I think I'm pretty much into maternity stuff now. It's much more comfy than my regular clothes.

We'll find out tomorrow what Ginger's due date is. I predict it's in the same week as mine. So fun!

Saturday, 24 September 2005

Ginger's due date is Aptil 18th! Just 6 days apart from mine. How fun is that? She had a great appointment yesterday (complete with some awesome sonogram pics!) and feels much better now about the pregnancy. It's always a relief to hear that everything looks great.

People have already been asking where we are registered. We will register at Target and Babies-R-Us once we get settled in Philly. I'll put links up when we do.

Saturday, 24 September 2005

Well, since we had a free day today, we just decided to go ahead and register at Target. They had such good selection and prices we aren't going to bother registering at Babies-R-Us. If you wanna see our registry, you can go here http://www.target.com/gp/gift-registries.html and search for us. Fun fun!

Monday, 26 September 2005

I have been having the weirdest dreams lately. Sometimes they are fun, sometimes they are scary or upsetting, but mostly they just don't make any sense at all. Too funny.

Speaking of dreams... Jamie and I both dreamt the other night that we had a little girl. Hmmm....

Still not feeling great, but I'm getting closer to my second trimester all the time!

Tuesday, 27 September 2005

Well, the word is officially out. Thanks everyone for your congrats. We're really thrilled and look forward to sharing this with you all.

We're heading up to Philly today so we'll be in touch once we get a little settled.

Thursday, 29 September 2005

We're here in Philly now. But we won't be here for long! We leave today to go see Hills and Neil. Fun fun!

I'm 12 weeks now and everyone keeps telling me I'll feel better soon. I think it's going to be a gradual thing. I can tell I feel a bit better than last week, and better than the week before that, but still kinda yucky. But that's okay! Everything is still going well.

From what I've read, I should fell better, but my food aversions probably won't go away. Fair enough. Maybe not wanting anything creamy or cheesy will help me not gain too much weight! Ha ha ha.

But I have noticed that I am craving vinegary foods. Like salt and vinegar chips, anything with mustard, ketchup, barbecue sauce...mmmmmm. Even chips and salsa sounds good. But I am especially craving pork barbecue. Which is kind of a bummer since I am now out of pork barbecue territory. But it's easy enough to make at home. Mmmmm. I might have to do that soon.

I made my next appointment yesterday. It's on the 10th of October, so hopefully I'll have more news then!

No comments: