Wednesday, 10 December 2008
The past few weeks
It's been pretty crazy the past few weeks with the move and such. I am slowly getting back into the swing of things here. Let's catch up!Adelle and Evie are really enjoying learning how to play together. Adelle especially thinks it's funny when Evie 'tackles' her.

When we got to Nana and Gramps' house, we decorated the tree. Carmen came to visit and the girls had a blast!

Then we did Christmas pictures yesterday. I figured since they were in their dresses, I'd try to get a quick picture of them together. This is the best I could get before Adelle shouted "I'm all done!" and ran off. Okay.

Hopefully I'll keep up with this a little better now that the move is behind us. :)
Tuesday, 16 December 2008
Greenleaf
We drove down to Chapel Hill on Sunday to go to Greenleaf Vineyard Church (our new church). We had a great time! Adelle is the only kid in kids min right now so she got Miss Carolina all to herself. Big fun for Adelle! She did arts and crafts including scissors (a new skill and a big thrill).Greenleaf meets in a bank building right now. Adelle had a blast exploring the nooks and crannies of this rather 70's style building. At one point, she told me she was playing in a pyramid. Okay... I can kinda see that.
Wow. Cool ceiling.

Playing in the 'pyramid' under the stairs. Complete with secret entrance.

Wednesday, 24 December 2008
Captain Ho Ho

We don't do the whole Santa thing around our house. It's just not something we choose to include as a family in our Christmas celebrations. Jamie, having the silly sense of humor he does, thought it would be funny to refer to
Santa as Captain Ho Ho. Adelle immediately took this to be Santa's actual name. So now, whenever she sees him, she says, There's Captain Ho Ho!". Awesome.I made a monkey stuffed animal for Adelle and Carmen for Christmas and since they visited earlier this week, I let the girls go ahead and open their presents. It went a little something like this:
Adelle: Presents!
Carmen: It's a monkey! It's a monkey!
Me: Look, girls, your names are on your monkeys.
Girls: Wow!
Carmen: Her name is Carmen Monkey!
Adelle: putting the monkey aside Can I open another one?
Oh well. It's actually not such a bad thing that she's not thrilled with it, I guess. Her monkey can sit on a shelf and stay pretty and intact.
Merry Christmas, everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment