Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Adelle - June 2007

Saturday, 02 June 2007

It sure is hard to only take one nap a day! I don't really want to (or need to) take two naps anymore, but this transition is kind of rough. Most days I'm fine, but sometimes I just can't make it. Like today... I was playing in my room by myself (Mommy said something about needing to take a shower). She would check in on me from time to time and I was just having a good time playing. But when Mommy came in to get me, this is what she found!

crashed

crashed 2

I was just kinda pooped I guess. I love all the extra time to play in the morning, though! Mommy and I go to the park and for a walk almost every day. The park is awesome! I get to swing and climb and slide and meet lots of other kids my age. I like to touch their noses and give them kisses.

My Daddy goes to Egypt today. Mommy and I are leaving tomorrow morning after church to go visit people while he's gone. I will miss Daddy.

Friday, 15 June 2007

Wow! I sure have been busy the last few weeks. We went to visit Aunt Hey Hey (Hillary). I had so much fun playing with Owen and giving kisses to baby Blake.

Then we went to Nana and Gramps' house. I got to swim and play with the kitties and puppies. We also went to a little zoo (where I got to ride on a little train!) and to a safari park where I fed a giraffe!!! Cool.

Now we're back home and it is really nice to be back. Tomorrow my Daddy comes home, too. I can't wait!

Mommy put up some pictures from the past few weeks on my picture site. Enjoy!

Monday, 18 June 2007

Today we went to pick strawberries. It was really fun. Mostly I just played in the dirt and ate strawberries. They were really, really messy. But boy were they good!

Thursday, 21 June 2007

Gallabia Gal

Look what Daddy brought me back from Egypt!!!
P6200011

It's called a gallabia. All the girls wear them there (big and small) when they go outside the house. I think I look really cute!

My canines are coming in and they are KILLING ME! Not quite as back as my molars, but enough to make be generally unhappy most of the day. I hope they break through soon. Mommy says she can see them so maybe that's a good sign.

I am picking up signs like crazy. I pretty much get and use them after only seeing them once or twice now. I picked up 'baby' today and can almost do 'water'. This whole communicating this is pretty great.

I'm off to take a nap. Later!

Sunday, 24 June 2007

'Uh-oh'. I am really good at saying this now. Before it was just uh. Then it turned into uh-mmm, but yesterday Mommy and I were out shopping and I just started saying it (over and over and over). Mommy thinks it's cute. I also just started saying Daddy. I mean, I've been saying daddy for a while now but it mostly sounded like da-ee. But now I've got both syllables down. My first two syllable word, actually. Mommy is still 'mom-mom'. Close. But hey... at least I'm not just crying it anymore. In fact, the other day Daddy let Mommy sleep in and I kept pointing to different rooms of the house and saying "mom-mom?" trying to figure out where she was. It didn't really occur to me that she would still be sleeping. After all, I was awake!

Wednesday, 27 June 2007

Pass the guacamole, please!

I LOVE Mexican food (especially guacamole). I know, weird, huh? I even like it when it's spicy. Mommy thinks I like weird stuff. I just like what I like. Mommy even put some hot sauce on my chicken last night and I ate it up. In fact, I didn't even seem to notice that it was even spicy. Then again, I like to eat lemons, too. So ya know... maybe I do have an interesting palate. I most definitely do not like melons, though. And broccoli feels funny. Anyway...

This morning Mommy and I went to the library for a program called Creative Babies. It's for kids my age up to two years old. We sang songs, danced, read books, and played. It was SO MUCH FUN! I didn't stop smiling and clapping the whole time. Mommy says we will go back at least once a week from now on since we both had a good time. Mommy sure was silly singing songs and doing silly dances with me. I like it when Mommy is silly.

We're supposed to go to the zoo with 'Car' (Carmen) and 'MiMi' (Mary) tomorrow, but it is supposed to be really hot and rainy, so we might have to find something else to do. Maybe the mall. I love to go shopping!

Thursday, 12 July 2007

I'm fifteen months old now! Such a big girl. To celebrate (not really) I went to the doctor today. I weigh 22.2 pounds now and am a gigantic 32.5 inches tall! Dr. Long was really impressed when I understood some of the words she said (and even did the signs). She says I am quite a talker for my age. Apparently most other kids only say one or two words by now and Mommy and Daddy have lost count of how many words I say. I learn about one new word every day.

My favorite new word? Jewelry! (I chant it - "Jewelry! Jewelry! Jewelry!"). Oh yeah!!!! My Nana has a whole box of jewelry for me to play with when I visit and I LOVE IT! What can I say? I'm all girl. Mommy has a little bit for me to play with at home now since I like it so much. Here's me donning a bunch of that jewelry. Daddy says I'm doing a Mr. T impression, though I have no clue what that means.

jewelry

Sunday, 15 July 2007

Sorry. I have to apologize for my parents. They've been real slackers in the picture taking department lately. They have managed to take a couple so far this month. Mommy finally posted them on my album site today. Check them out if you wanna.

I'm having a pretty rough day. My canines are coming in and they are making me absolutely miserable. I didn't even have fun in the nursery at church today and that's usually one of my favorite places to be. So, I'm doing lots of laying around with Mommy and Daddy today. And my blankie, too. I do love my blankie.

Friday, 27 July 2007

Aunt Yaya

I've had a busy week! Mommy and I were both sick all week long! We're still sniffly and kinda tired, but doing much better. Considering this is the first time I've ever been sick, I'd say I'm doing pretty well.

This past week my Aunt Alyssa came to stay with us. It was big fun, but for the life of me I cannot say her name. Mostly I referred to her as "hi" (you have to whisper it. I don't know why... you just do). Towards the end of the week I started calling her Yaya, though. Everyone agreed that this is adorable so I think it just might stick. Aunt Yaya left to go back home this morning. I keep asking for her, though. She is really cool. She even brought me my two favorite things (jewelry and books) from Grandma and Grandpa.

I talk nonstop now. Some of my words are pretty clear, and some need some deciphering. Here's a fun little quiz for you. See if you can tell what I am saying:

1. demb-a-tur
2. moony (this one's hard)
3. wad-ter
4. peeeeedz
5. hep
6. buh boo!!!
7. zeer-ee-yoh
8. way-zuhz
9. moo-jee

answers:
1. temperature
2. medicine (yeah... told you it was hard)
3. water
4. please
5. help
6. Blues Clues/bubbles - they both sound the same
7. cereal
8. raisins
9. smoothie

Yeah. Cute, I know. I say lots of stuff really good, though. Mommy, Daddy, baby, puppy, kitty, duck, potty, toys, books, jewelry... I could go on and on.

Hope you had fun playing my guess the word game!

Saturday, 28 July 2007

Sleepover

Last night I had my first sleepover. Carmen stayed with us last night while her mommy and daddy celebrated their anniversary. We had lots of fun. Mostly we just fought over the same toys and colored on my chalkboard, but you know... we still had fun. We even got to watch some Baby Einstein. Here are a few pictures.

kiss
kiss kiss

baby einstein
We're really into Baby Einstein, as you can tell.

As always, Mommy put more pictures up on my album.

Sunday, 29 July 2007

Just mowing... with my sunglasses on... in my onesie. This'll be a classic.

mower

Sharing home made chocolate ice cream with Daddy. Has this been a good day or what?!

ice cream with daddy

Tuesday, 31 July 2007

bluesclues_d I have officially discovered the wonder that is Blue's Clues. I ask Mommy to watch it all day long. I just LOVE Blue! I also really like the Wonder Pets and Curious George, but nothing compares to Blue. That being said, I am starting to lose interest in my Baby Einstein videos, though I'll still watch them (all the while chanting "Blue's Clues!").

No comments: