Tuesday, 01 January 2008
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Evie will be born this year! Cool, huh?
Jamie got to feel Evie kick for the first time a few days ago. What's really cool is that we were sitting in the exact same spot in my Mom and Step-Dad's house when it happened that Jamie felt Adelle kick for the first time around Christmas two years ago. Neato.
I thik we've finally settled on a middle name for Evie - Rose (Sorry Ashley). Rose is a very small tribute to my very favorite musician, Aaron Sprinkle (he was once part of a band called Rose Blossom Punch - AWESOME!), and it just sounds right... Evangeline Rose Garrett. It was actually while I was driving by myself the day after Christmas, listening to Rose Blossom Punch, that I just finally felt at ease about Rose being her middle name... like it was just... right. I don't even know if that makes sense or not, but there it is.
Anyway... my Mom and I made Evie some awesome mary jane booties today. We will add hot pink cherries to them to match a hat we will make tonight or tomorrow. Not bad for my first pair of booties, I'd say!

Thursday, 03 January 2008
And the Hat...
Voila!
I'm pretty pleased with myself considering it's my first solo crocheting project. My Mom is making a bigger one for Adelle. Too cute! Gotta love those cherries!
Tuesday, 08 January 2008
Feeding Frenzy
So I am a little nervous about going to the midwife on Monday. I kinda went crazy over the holidays indulging any and every craving. Yes, I do that even when I'm not pregnant, but no one's checking my weight every month then!
Everyone likes to feed the pregnant lady. It's like feeding the ducks at lake or something... there's just a thrill in feeding someone who so enjoys it. And there's the problem... try as I might, I can't blame the people who keep feeding me yummy things. I enjoy eating them just as much at they enjoy giving them to me.
But now that's we're home and the 'holidays' are over, it's back to the treadmill and eating good again. But still... that weight check is coming up Monday. Scary.
Oh, and Yay God for nice weather so I can go walking with Adelle outside instad of walking on the treadmill today! What a treat in January!
Sunday, 13 January 2008
24 weeks
Here are Evie and I at 24 weeks. ![]()
I'm off to take a nap...
Monday, 14 January 2008
Yikes!
As suspected, major weight gain this month. Eight whole pounds! Holy moly! But it only brings my total weight gain to 15 pounds, so I guess it's not too bad. But since Christmas is now way over, I've got to get it back in gear.
The appointment went well. Adelle was thrilled to hear Evie again. The midwife said I'm measuring a bit big which is no surprise since we know Evie is going to be long. I talked to my midwife about how crazy tired I've been and she said it's probably 1) I'm pregnant 2) I have a toddler and 3) the sleep I am getting at night isn't very restful. I agree with all of the above. Since I have to have my sugar test done in a few weeks, she's going to check my iron and thyroid then just to be sure.
All in all, everything's still going great!


No comments:
Post a Comment