Thursday, 02 February 2006
I'm still crazy tired. After being bugged by Hillary and Sharon both yesterday I called the midwife just to see what she thought. She said it sounds like I'm pregnant. Ha ha ha! She's so funny. It's not my iron or thyroid since I've had them both checked in the last month and the levels were fine. I think it's just a combo of my workload picking up, us being busier than normal (with a new small group for church - fun! and birth classes) and I'm now in my third trimester. I think I'm just going to have to learn to say 'no' to doing some fun things I really want to do and to spend more time resting. Or maybe this is just good training for the next 15-10 years.
Friday, 03 February 2006
Our birth class was really good last night. We learned more about relaxation and watched a birth video. My intial reaction to the news that we'd be watching the video was "oh no!" because I had to watch one in college and it was awful!!! But the one last night was really good - still uncomfortable to be sure - but good. It was a great testimony that all natural births don't have to be filled with screaming and cursing. Ha ha ha.I've started having the funniest dreams about labor and delivery, though. I think it's because I am thinking about it so much more these days as we prepare. I dreamt last night that I had the baby and then they took the baby from the room. I kept asking Jamie if it was a boy or a girl and he just laughed and wouldn't tell me. So I started screamng for them to bring my baby back so I could see if I had a boy or girl and they wouldn't because they thought it was funny (as did Jamie) that I didn't know. I was so mad in my dream. After I started crying, Jamie finally told me we had a girl and all was well. Then we went out to dinner with all of our families and a guy from our home church in GA was doing acrobatics while hanging from the ceiling fan in the restaurant. Yeah... I don't get it either but it made me laugh - after I made Jamie promise he'd tell me right away whether we had a boy or a girl when Baby is born, of course!
Nothing too exciting planned for the weekend. Since things have gotten busier for us lately but I have been getting more and more tired my plan is to just rest a whole lot. I've never been able to nap before, but now it's pretty easy for me to crash on the couch in the middle of the afternoon.

Tuesday, 07 February 2006
So yay! I now have three blocks for Baby's quilt! I should take pictures of them and put them up for eveyone to see. :) They are really fun!!!Baby has been laying in the weirdest positions lately. He/she especially likes to lay sideways and really kick me in the ribs. Ha ha ha. The other day I distinctly felt a little foot poking right into my belly. I poked it back and Baby kicked me. What an attitude! So funny.
Wednesday, 08 February 2006
As you can see, I have updated my picture again. I can't believe I am already 31 weeks! Baby's going to be here before you know it. And although I've been really tired and uncomfortable lately, I think I will really miss being pregnant.I received the first two completed quilt blocks for Baby yesterday!!! Yay! They are SOOOO fun! Hills was actually the first one to give me part of hers, but I have to finish it so it's my fault she wasn't the first one done. Anyway, here is a pic of the two Debi Sayer made. Thanks Debi! I can't wait to see everyone else's.

I have updated the webshots site with a few new pics of me and have started an album for the quilt blocks. I will take pics and update you as I get them. I will also put pictures of the completed quilt on there, too. You can check out the site here.
Thursday, 09 February 2006
Yay! I got more quilt blocks in the mail yesterday. So fun! These are from Jamie's mom. Aren't they great? The one with the handprints is our niece and nephew's handprints with their names stitched on them. What a fun idea!
I have been working on compiling this journal into a book-like form to keep. As I was working on it yesterday I realized it had been a long time since I did a poll. So, I thought we'd do the 'guess if Baby's a boy or a girl' poll again. I'll leave it up for about a week. You can vote once a day! Help me figure out is Baby is a boy or a girl - I sure can't tell! :)
| Free polls from Pollhost.com |
| Is Baby... |
Nothing else too new here. Thanks again for everyone who is sending in quilt blocks. I'll post them here and on the webshots site as I get them!
Friday, 10 February 2006
Another fun quilt block arrived yesterday! This one was made by Mary Brunner. Not only is it super cute and fun, it is extra soft and fuzzy flannel. OOOhhh!!!! Thanks Mary!
I know this quilt is for Baby, but I am getting such a thrill out of seeing all these awesome blocks! Thank you so much for all the time, energy, and love you put into these. This just blesses my socks off!

Last night at birth class I had my first real wave of 'Oh my gosh I am going to have to do this! And soon!'. It just kind of hit me as we were talking about labor and delivery. It's not so much that I am afraid of giving birth - I'm not, actually. It's all the unknowns involved that are freaking me out a little from time to time. When will it happen? Will I know the right time to go to the hospital? Will there be any complications? So many unknowns. I guess this is a good opportunity for me to grow in active faith and trust that while all these things are unkown to me, they are fully known already to God. That helps a lot. I need to remind myself of that more often.
Have a fabulous weekend! It's supposed to snow big-time up here all weekend. Brrrrr. I guess I'd better get out in the morning and get everything done I need to.
Monday, 13 February 2006
We saw the other midwife in the practice tonight. She's really great, too. Baby is doing really well. The heartbeat was all over the place tonight and I asked her if it was normal. She said it's not only normal, but a really good thing. The heartbeat would get faster after he/she moved and she said it means Baby is well oxygenated. Nice and healthy. Yay!I got another awesome quilt block in the mail today!!! This one is from Betsy Shaver. For those of you who know about them, you will immediately recognize this as a 'magic muffin'. Yum!!! I love those things. Awesome block, Betsy... it toally makes me smile (and a little hungry for some yummy muffins!).

Wednesday, 15 February 2006
Well, I finished Hillary's block yesterday. Yay! Thanks, Hills!!! I think the colors are super fun! Check it out. You can click on any of the pictures to see a larger version.
I also finished the curtain and valance for Baby's room! I LOVE these colors and fabrics. I can't wait to work on the bedding this weekend. You can go to my webshots site to see pics of the nursery as it progresses. Just click here.
Friday, 17 February 2006
Baby sure has had the hiccups a lot lately. Now don't get me wrong... I am crazy about this baby already, but I have to say.... the hiccups make me a little nuts! One of my biggest peeves is someone tapping on me and it feels like someone is tapping me from the inside. Crazy! And it especially seems to happen at night when I am trying to fall back to sleep. In fact, it happend twice last night! I just try to remind myself that it is good for Baby. It means his/her diaphragm is being strengthend so Baby can breathe really well after he/she is born. But still...And you know... I thought I just might escape the the fun swelling of later pregnancy. No such luck. By the end of the day it is no longer possible to tell if I have ankle bones or not. Lovely.

But all in all I have to admit, I am having a great pregnancy. Yes, I am bothered by the typical pregnancy issues, but I'm healthy, baby is healthy, and there have been no complications so far. I should be much more thankful (and much less whiny) than I am.
Monday, 20 February 2006
The nursery bedding is all done!!!! Yay! I worked really hard on it this weekend and just finished. I have to say, I LOVE it! Here's a picture of the crib all decked out.

I put up more pictures of the bedding and the nursery on my webshots site.
The poll is now closed. I think it's really funny... the first time I did this poll almost everyone thought Baby was a girl. Now almost everyone thinks Baby is a boy. Not too much longer until we all find out!
Tuesday, 21 February 2006
I found the funnest website today! (Yes, I know 'funnest' isn't a word, but it works so well!) It's a site where people can guess Baby's birthday, weight, etc. and after Baby is born we'll enter the info and it will automatically tell us who won. How fun is that? I'm going to do something for the winner.... I just haven't decided what yet. Go here to play and enter our game name: Baby_GarrettWednesday, 22 February 2006
More quilt blocks!!!! I just got these in the mail and they are so fun! This first one is from Wendy Thiessen. Don't you LOVE those colors and cross stitch? She's so talented. What a fun block!
And these two cuties are from Mae Ellen Ehrenberg. You've just GOT to love that little lamb!

This is going to be the most special quilt ever. I can't wait to get all the blocks and start working on it! Thanks everyone who has already sent in blocks! As always, you can go here to see all of the blocks.
Friday, 24 February 2006
At this point, both Baby and I are both pretty aware that room is running out in there! Baby still moves around quite a bit, but it is much more noticable to everyone and it sometimes even hurts a bit whwnever he/she really gets worked into a frenzy. It especially seems to happen after I've eaten some chocolate... a girl, maybe? Or a boy who takes after his dad? We'll find out soon enough!We're off to Pittsburg this weekend to represent AWM at a conference. Fun. Let's hope the car ride isn't too uncomfortable. I've got lots of pillows packed!
Tuesday, 28 February 2006
Sorry it's been a little while since my last entry. We were out of town last weekend and I am still recovering! I am learning to listen to my body more and to rest when it tells me to... otherwise it just ends up demanding that I rest and I have no choice. Today is a good example of that. I woke up this morning and just started crying because I was so exhausted and couldn't even get out of bed. So, I took the day off work. It's hard because I am used to being able to do so much and I just can't anymore.I have officially outgrown my old pregnancy jeans. I had to go buy a new (larger) pair yesterday. It was a little hard. I've gained more weight than I wanted to, but Jamie does a good job of keeping things in perspective for me. I am healthy and so is Baby and that's what really matters right now.
Blocks, blocks everywhere!!! I came home to loads of blocks in the mail! What fun! Here they all are!
This first one is from Ali Wessner. She actually sent two, but they are the same fabric, so I thought I'd just take a picture of one. Cute, huh? And it is super soft snuggly flannel. Gotta love that! Thanks, Al!

These next two are from Ginger Thomas. Aren't they sweet???

Then there is this fun one from Kara Sutton! The white thread she used for some of the embroidery glows in the dark!!!! How fun is that? And I love the bow on one of the turtles "just in case" Baby is a girl, she said. He he! Cute!

And finally there is this sparkley one (you know I love sparkley!) from Jaylene Griffin. I wish you could see this one in person. The green is awesomely sparkley. And the block pattern's name is Pennsylvania! Cool, huh?

Thanks again everyone who made these. This is going to be a great quilt. Actually, I am going to have so many blocks, I am thinking I will probably make a wall hanging and a quilt. Fun! As always you can click on any of the pictures to see them larger. And I have them all uploaded onto my webshots site as well which you can see here.
No comments:
Post a Comment