Friday, 05 January 2007
As promised... tons of new pictures here! Yay!!!This might be one of my favorite photos of Adelle. She so enjoyed swinging at the park while we were in Arizona for the holidays.

More updates to come...
Sunday, 07 January 2007
Just in case you weren't totally convinced that Adelle looks like her Daddy...
And doesn't Jamie look like his Granddaddy??? Wow.
Wednesday, 10 January 2007
Adelle is almost 9 months old now. That means she's almost been out of me as long as she was in me. Weird thought, huh? I've been doing a bit of reminiscing today. Journey back with me...See Adelle!
In fun new things Adelle is doing, she started playing with Levi. It's sooooo cute! She'll get one of his toys and whip it around for him to come chase. She must have just picked it up from watching us play with him. She loves Levi so much. He is still totally freaked out by her, though. Today I held him and let her pet him. She was so gentle with him and showered him with kisses
Friday, 12 January 2007
Tooth #4 finally popped through. Yay!Happy Nine Month Old Day to Adelle!

Man, she loves Levi. He is starting to get less freaked out by her, but he's still not a fan. He did manage to let her sit next to him for about ten seconds before he bolted... long enough for me to take the picture. He probably took off because she tackled him and started giving him kisses. So cute.
Sunday, 14 January 2007
Introducing the newest member of our family.... REUBEN!!!
Yep... he's a cutie! Levi already LOVES him (he thinks we brought him home an interactive toy). They've been chasing each other all over the house for the past hour at least. Fun fun.
Wednesday, 17 January 2007
Adelle has learned another sign - milk. Although, I've noticed that every time she picks up a new one, she gets a little confused and starts using whatever sign comes to mind whether it's for what she wants to communicate or not. She'll get it straightened out soon enough.She's also got two more teeth coming in already. Jamie and I just could not figure out why she was so crabby all day yesterday. It's so unlike her. Finally I thought I'd just check her mouth and sure enough, there are two more teeth ready to pop through in the next few days. Poor thing. Teething must be really painful. Aren't you glad we don't remember things like that from our childhood? I am!
Adelle still loves having two kitties to play with. I got the best video of her playing with Reuben yesterday. I'll see if I can't get that up here soon.
Friday, 19 January 2007
Teeth # 5 and 6 popped through yesterday. MUCH quicker than the last one, thankfully. The last one was so rough on her.Adelle just loves Reuben. She is so sweet and gentle with him. He loves her, too, I think. He actually lets her pet him! Here's a picture of her offering to share her snack with him.

Monday, 22 January 2007
I realized today that I tend to only post smiley pictures of Adelle. This may, therefore, have some of you under the impression that Adelle is always happy.
Adelle's new tricks:
1- She likes to point at things she is interested in now. Just today, when she was finished eating she signed 'all done' and then pointed at one of her toys. So I cleaned her up and put her on the ground. Sure enough, she went straight for that toy. Cool. Communication is good.
2- She has started 'reading' to herself. She will get one of her books, pick it up, and then move her mouth making very little sound like she is trying to read to herself. It is so funny.
3- Peek a boo! She likes to hold something up (usually over her head, not really covering her face) while I say peek a boo! Then she'll put it down and laugh. Funny girl.
She is getting harder and harder to photograph. Long gone are the days when I can just plop her down somewhere and take a bazillion great pictures of her. Now I have to try and catch her as she zooms around the room flitting from one thing to another. She's a busy, busy girl. I did however manage to get a couple of so-so pictures of her (out of at least 100 that I took - thank goodness for digital cameras!). I put them up here.
Tuesday, 30 January 2007
Busy busy busy! We've been busy lately. Nothing exciting, though... just the usual stuff. Only more of it.We're discovering that Adelle eats and likes just about anything. An example? She downed guacamole like it was chocolate ice cream this past weekend. And she loves scrambled eggs with Tony's Creole seasoning (aka Cornerstone eggs). Yeah... weird. She also likes lemons. I know... she's goofy.
Here's a new picture. She thought her stinky diaper the other day was HILARIOUS! I don't really know why... I didn't think it was funny at all.

Wednesday, 31 January 2007
Tooth #7 popped through this morning. That makes five teeth that came in this month. Poor thing - it's been a rough month one for her. Hopefully after #8 comes in she'll have a little break. She sure likes using her new teeth to bite her food, though. She loves to crunch her cheerios (Joe's O's, actually from Trader Joes). It's so cute.She has been standing on her own for a few second here and there, but yesterday she just stood there for a good while. Even did her little shake-your-booty dance for a second before plopping to the ground. Big girl!
I mentioned yesterday that Adelle is a great eater. She really will eat anything. This is a blessing at meal times, but a great frustration the rest of the day when I have to constantly pull tiny scraps of whatever treats she finds on the floor out of her mouth. Paper, dirt, string, anything. Can she not tell the difference between food and yucky stuff? I guess that doesn't say much for my cooking. Ha ha ha.
Speaking of, I made her homemade crinkle cut sweet potato fries for lunch today. Those got two very enthusiastic thumbs up (well, not literally). I actually made a bunch to freeze yesterday. That way I can just grab a few at a time and put them in the oven. I'm all about that. They were so yummy that I will probably make them for Jamie and I some time.
No comments:
Post a Comment