Monday, 05 December 2005
Well, I am starting to feel better now. I finally broke down and went to the doctor on Friday. Turns out I had a sinus and ear infection. Fun. Good thing I went.I talked to my sister this weekend. She had her ultrasound on Friday and found out she is having a little boy! Yay! I was sure she was going to have a girl, though, and so now I really am convinced I have no idea if Baby is a boy or a girl. They also moved her due date up to April 14th - two days after mine and one day before her own birthday. She's kinda hoping not to have her baby on her birthday. I can't say I blame her. Being in labor on your birthday... I'm thinking not quite a party.

I think I have officially entered the emotionally unstable point in my pregnancy. I just over-react to every single thing. The worst part is that I know I am over-reacting but I can't stop it. It feels a pretty crazy. I find myself apologizing a lot lately for being a little nuts. Sorry everyone around me! I don't think it's going to get better any time soon. I should start wearing a sign that says "Warning. Emotionally unstable pregnant lady. Interact at your own risk." Ha ha ha!
I'll take a new prego Jo pic soon.
Tuesday, 06 December 2005
I have my monthly doctors appointment today. We'll get to hear the baby's heartbeat again which is always fun. I'll fill you in tomorrow (since we're going home after the appointment today).We're getting Baby's nursery furniture today!!! Yay! I found stuff I liked better at Ikea so I removed the old stuff from our Target registry. It's way fun. Baby's furniture is a gift from my Mom and Step-Dad. They're awesome. Thanks guys!!! Baby's first big gift! If you want to check out what the furniture looks like, you can see the crib by clicking here and the dresser/changing table by clicking here. Aren't they great??? The changing table folds up and becomes a shelf when you're done using it. Yay Ikea for great stuff! I'll take pics when we get them all set up in Baby's room at home (probably this weekend).
Wednesday, 07 December 2005
So, I have a new prego Jo pic up now. I had Jamie take it this morning before work. I don't necessarily think it's the best picture of me, but you know... you can tell I've grown some! You can see a bigger version (and compare it to the last picture) here.We got Baby's furniture last night! Yay! It's so fun. I can't wait to put it together. You know I'll take pictures!

The doctor's visit went well yesterday. Everything is still great. She said my uterus (for those of you who care) is up to my belly button now. And then she put my hand on my tummy and helped me feel it. Cool. I think I keep forgetting how big Baby is getting! I have officially gained 20 pounds now. Jamie has to remind me a lot that Baby needs me to gain weight and that it's a good thing. Sigh. I just have to not think about it too much.
Friday, 09 December 2005
Baby's crib is put together!!! Yay! It's so great. I kept checking in on Jamie last night every few minutes to see progress and take pictures. I'll put some up online soon. Maybe Monday. Baby now has somewhere to sleep when he/she arrives in April. I know... I like to take care of things early.Wednesday, 14 December 2005
Man oh man are my mood swings out of control! It's just bad bad bad. I hope this doesn't last for the next four months!So, I am now asking for some early advice. I witnessed a toddler meltdown in church this weekend in all its glory and it scared me to death. There is nothing more upsetting and irritating to me than a temper tantrum and I hope to be able to avoid them like the plague (or the avian flu... take your pick! Ha ha ha.). Any advice on how to steer clear of those?
I'm struggling a bit with fear lately. I'm just a little concerned that I will be a terrible parent. Sigh. I'm thinking this is pretty normal. I mean, it's no small thing being responsible for raising another person. And by the time you can tell if you did a good job or not, it's too late to fix anything.

Anyway, I'm sure it will all be fine. Just having a freak-out moment there.
Monday, 19 December 2005
I finally have pictures of Baby's new furniture up online. Sorry it has taken me so long! You can check them out hereOkay, so this is the weirdest thing ever - my belly button hurts! Ha ha ha. Isn't that crazy? I can honestly say that is the only part of my body that I can't ever remember hurting before. It totally cracks me up!
We're on our way tomorrow to spend Christmas in Viginia with some fo my family. I can't wait to see my sister pregnant. I missed her other two pregnancies because I was overseas. It's going to be so fun! I'll have to get someone to take a picture of us together.

Thursday, 22 December 2005
Jamie finally got to feel Baby kick last night!!! It was so exciting. He was sitting right next to me and Baby started kicking hard, so I grabbed his hand and put it on my tummy. His eyes just got really big and he turned to me smiling and said, Oh! I felt that!". It was too cool.
Sunday, 25 December 2005
Merry Christmas! We hope you have a wonderful day today.
A quick funny story. Since Bethany, Jamie's niece, had such a good suggestion for Baby's name we thought we'd ask Reed, my 4 year old nephew, what he thinks we ought to call Baby, and what he thinks his mom should name his brother who is on the way. He decided that Ginger's baby should be named Darth Vader and that Baby should be named Skunk Flyer! Isn't that awesome??? I mean, is it just me, or is Skunk Flyer a cool name? Ha ha ha. If I lived in Hollywood, it just might work. ![]()
Wednesday, 28 December 2005
Well, I've added a new pic of me. I look HUGE!!! I swear I don't actually have a double chin... I was looking down at the camera. I promise! Ha ha ha. You can see it bigger here. Can you believe some girl told me this week it looks like I'm carrying LOW? It sure doesn't look that way to me! Anyway...I feel like all of the sudden I just look and feel really, really big and pregnant. Judging from the picture, maybe it's because I am! Things are starting to get a little uncomfortable, though. I think that's pretty normal when you start looking like me.

No comments:
Post a Comment