Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Adelle - December 2006

Friday, 01 December 2006

Adelle is so funny. She has figured out how to sit up on her own without just sitting up. Funny. She'll roll from her back onto her tummy, then get roll to one side and flip her legs underneath her and then sit up sideways using her arm to help push. Crazy girl. I do love her so. If I can, I take some pics of each step in the sitting up process.

Tuesday, 05 December 2006

My baby food making days are numbered. My sweet girl has decided that mashed up food is for babies and she is not one, so she'd like to eat small chunks of big-girl food, thank you very much. She just gets so mad whenever I try to feed her. If she could talk, she'd be saying what I did when I was little - Adelle do it! (Of course, I said Jody do it, but you know what I mean.) She's a bit of an independent girl, that one. What's funny is that, though she is sooooo independent, if she doesn't have my undivided attention, she gets pretty whiny. So she doesn't want to me do anything, but she wants me to watch her play by herself. Go figure. I guess she just wants me around in case she changes her mind.

Thursday, 07 December 2006

Adelle is officially mobile. She finally found the motivation she needed to crawl. 'What was it' you ask?

laundry basket

The empty laundry basket. Who knew? Ha ha ha. I was folding laundry in the livingroom this afternoon while she played and when it was empty she just crawled right on over to it! When Jamie got home today, I put her down and she crawled to him. So cute. She's still a little slow, but I'm sure she'll be in to everything in no time! Is she growing up so fast these days or is it just me???

Sunday, 10 December 2006

Clap, clap, clap your hands! Adelle is now clapping away like crazy. She just started doing it one day. It's so cute! She's been 'talking' up a storm, too. I swear she gets more and more fun every day.

She's picked up a bit of speed in the crawling area already. Still not too fast, yet, which is fine by me. Though she's thrilled at being able to get to one of us or something else that she really wants (but usually can't have like the dvd's or the computer). One great thing I've discovered, though... she can't yet crawl on the hardwood floors. They are too slippery. So the area rug in the livingroom serves as a boundary for her which is nice for me. I know she'll figure it out in no time, but until then I'm enjoying the 'invisible fence' that we've got.

Tuesday, 12 December 2006

Eight months old... how did that happen so fast?

8 months

You know that invisible fence... the rug? Yeah... it means nothing now. Two days that lasted. She's good... too good.

Sunday, 17 December 2006

Have I mentioned yet that Adelle loves to eat? Yeah... Adelle loves to eat.
this rice is awesome!

More pictures here.

Wednesday, 20 December 2006

Yep...
standing

I went in to get Adelle up from her nap this morning and found her sitting in her crib waiting patiently for me to get her. Such a doll. I went to her closet to get something for her to wear and when I turn around (to squeals of delight) I find her standing in her crib. She was just so pleased with herself, too. I do love that girl.

Thursday, 21 December 2006

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!
Merry Christmas

We leave tomorrow morning for Arizona, and I figure I probably won't be able to put up any new pictures for awhile, so I thought I'd put this up now.

We hope you all have a Happy Christmas and a very Lovely New Year!

Friday, 29 December 2006

Adelle has had a busy week. She had a great time at Christmas. The wrapping paper and such was really the highlight for her. She also got this cool animal train toy... man she loves it.

Her third tooth finally cut through and the fourth is close behind. She also waved bye bye today!!!I couldn't believe it. She's just such a big girl.

I'll put some pictures up when we get home next week.


No comments: