Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Adelle - January 2008

Tuesday, 01 January 2008

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Well, it's been a busy week since Christmas. I woke up from my nap on Thursday with a 102 degree fever. We left Friday for Virginia and by the time we got there, it was 104.5 so we went straight to the ER. Thankfully I didn't have an ear infection or strep, but just a nasty virus. I'm glad Mommy and Daddy took me in, though... just to be safe. After battling the yucky fever all weekend, I woke up yesterday feeling good and am back to my old perky self today.

I'm having a good time. We ate at Zaxby's yesterday which was a real treat. I wish we had these up in PA! Mostly I'm just playing and having a good time here. We'll go home Friday.

Here are a few pictures from the last week.

My cousin, Bethany, and I in the wagon on Christmas Eve - it was great playing outside again!

wagon 1

Trying to ride bikes with Granddaddy - nope... not my bike. I still don't quite get it.

bike 2

Snuggling with Nana and Gramps' kitty - big ol' Lou!

Love Lou

Tuesday, 08 January 2008

Weird Weather...

but I LOVE it! It's supposed to be 70 degrees here today! So after being cooped up inside for a good while, Mommy and I went for a walk and to the park this morning. It was GREAT! I wish it was like this every day. But I guess we'll just have to take them as we can. On the way home, Mommy and I prayed and thanked Jesus for giving us such a nice day today!

Did you know I am hilarious? Probably. But just in case you weren't sure, here are a few of my recent one-liners.

After Daddy put a washcloth on my head, covering my eyes: "I need glasses!"
After Daddy asked me to stop sucking my thumb: "K, Daddy... suck it later."

Yep.. I'm a funny funny girl.

Monday, 14 January 2008

Baby Evie!

I got to go with Mommy and Daddy to hear Baby Evie this morning. It's all I could talk about all morning. Finally when the midwife put the dopplar on Mommy's belly. I got a surprised look on my face and exclaimed, "Baby Evie!". I just sat there with a huge smile on my face the whole time I could hear her. It's cool. I am very excited about my baby sister.

Thursday, 17 January 2008

Tea, anyone?

Mommy taught me to play tea party the other day and it is officially my favorite new activity. I love pretending to make tea in my new kitchen and then passing out cups of either tea or hot chocolate. If you come visit soon, you'll probably get one!

Monday, 21 January 2008

Please Touch Museum!

As an early birthday present, I got a membership to the Please Touch Museum, Philly's children's museum. Daddy took the morning off work today and we all went for the first time. It was AWESOME!!! I got to go wherever I wanted and play with anything I felt like playing with. I can't wait to go back again! It's especially nice since the weather has been so cold. Playing inside at home every day is starting to take its toll on me... and Mommy, too.

Here are some pictures. Mommy put more up here.

Building a house.
building 2

The monorail was cool. Way up high and there was an airplane!
monorail 2

I thought I'd pick up some cheese steaks to make for dinner tonight. Yummy.
shopping 1

Monday, 28 January 2008

No Fun... for anyone

So either these two year old molars are gnarlier than we all expected or I am sick again. Not sure which yet.

I had a hard time falling asleep last night and didn't sleep well AT ALL last night (which means none of us did). At 1:30 Mommy got up to comfort me again and time I had a low fever and was more pitiful than before. Mommy asked Daddy to come sit with me while she got me some water and I promptly threw up on him as soon as he picked me up. Fun. So, I spent the rest of the night with Mommy and Daddy in their bed. Again... no one slept last night for more than 20 minutes at a time. I was either crying or talking in my sleep (mostly about my favorite movies).

It's probably my teeth, though. Watery snottiness and constant chewing on my finger. Plus my fever's pretty low... either way it's really no fun.

On the up side (???) Mommy and Daddy are remembering what it is like to have a newborn. I guess it's good preparation for them.

Tuesday, 29 January 2008

Most definitely....

Sick. Fever, snottiness, and generally not feeling good. It's kinda like the virus I had at Christmas. No fun. I think Mommy and I will do a lot of snuggling on the sofa and watching movies today. Poor me.

No comments: