Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Adelle - June 2006

Friday, 02 June 2006

We went to the aquarium yesterday. It kind of freaked her out. Too many loud noises and new things I think. I tried showing her all the pretty fishies but she just didn't like any of them. She did, however, love the shark tunnel. Go figure. We're having a great time with Grandpa, Grandma, and Aunts Kelsey and Alyssa.

fishies, mommy, and baby 2

I put a whole bunch of new pictures up here!

Friday, 02 June 2006

Adelle laughed!!!!! I was so stunned and then I almost burst into tears. She was half asleep and I just reached over and touched her cheek and she woke up and laughed. It was just the most awesome thing! I hope she does it again soon.

Sunday, 04 June 2006

We had such a fun time with family that came to visit. It's so fun for us to see our parents enjoy being grandparents so much.

Wednesday, 07 June 2006

I don't know what it is about the ceiling fan, but Adelle just loves it. I think most babies are that way. She just smiles and talks to it for the longest time. So funny! Who needs fancy toys when we've got something that simple that makes her so happy?

Thursday, 08 June 2006

Adelle is now going through a weird stage. At least I hope it's a stage. All of the sudden she has decided that she doesn't really like going out and she will not take a bottle. I have been pumping and then giving her a bottle while we're out and now this week she absolutely (hysterically) refuses to take it. Sigh. Is this common? Will she grow out of this? I plan to just keep trying to give her a bottle when we're out and see what happens. So far, not so good.

Monday, 12 June 2006

Happy Two Months to Adelle!!!

So last night we introduced Adelle to 'the bedtime'. She wasn't too thrilled with it. Go figure. But she is getting closer and closer to skipping her last feeding of the day and we would really like for her to get used to going to sleep right after her second to last one so when she does start skipping that last one, she'll just sleep through the night. (Wow that was a really long sentence). So I fed her last night, kissed her goodnight, and put her in her crib. She fussed off and on for about 45 minutes but never really cried. Then she fell asleep. Not bad for her first bedtime. We'll see how she does tonight when it's Daddy's turn to put her to bed.

Wednesday, 14 June 2006

She found her thumb. I'm so torn... while it's so adorably cute now to watch her suck her little thumb, I'm praying she isn't still doing it on her way to college.

Thursday, 15 June 2006

8 full hours of sleep!!!! Adelle slept all the way through the night last night (and so did Mom and Dad!). We put her to bed after she ate at 10 and she slept til 7. Awesome. When we went in to wake her up this morning, this is what we found...

twirly

She managed to kick herself completely out of her blanket and twirl herself around 90 degrees while she was sleeping. She totally cracks us up.

Sunday, 18 June 2006

In honor of Father's Day...

Daddy and Adelle

Adelle laughed again yesterday (finally) and Jamie got to hear it this time. It was a great early Father's Day gift for him. Yay!

Tuesday, 20 June 2006

Adelle is getting so good at holding on to things. She really digs her little phone rattle.

my rattle

She continues to sleep well at night. She doesn't even cry anymore when we put her down for the night. Yay. She still wakes up twirled around in her crib. It's too funny. Lately she's been waking up a bit early, but she just talks to the fishies on her mobile until we come in and get her.

Friday, 23 June 2006

Adelle sure has a fun weekend planned! Tonight, her friend, Carmen (who was born a day after Adelle in the same hospital), is coming over for dinner. Of course, Carmen's mom and dad are coming, too! Then tomorrow, she gets to finally meet Owen (Hillary's son). It's a fun baby friend weekend. Ha ha ha. Last time she and Carmen got together they just stared at each other's feet. Maybe they will notice that the feet are connected to another baby today!

Sunday, 25 June 2006

Adelle had a great weekend visitng her friends (the moms and dads had fun, too). Here are a few pictures of Adelle with Carmen and Owen.

Carmen and Adelle
Aren't these girls just too cute?

Owen and Adelle 2
Owen is trying so hard to share his rattle... Adelle is just not interested.

For more fun pictures (including a truly awesome one of Jamie and Owen), check out our webshots page here.

Tuesday, 27 June 2006

Currently Reading
Baby Einstein: Mirror Me! (Baby Einstein)
By Julie Aigner-Clark
see related
Adelle just loves this book. The illustrations are so much fun for her to look at and she just cracks up at the baby in the mirror.

I mentioned before that she has been sucking her thumb. What I forgot to mention is that her coordination with this new task is still a bit shaky. Yes, she can get that little thumb in her mouth, but in norder to do so she ends up with her fingers in her face (usually at least one in an eye or up her nose). It's really cute. See?

thumb sucker 2

She has her pediatrician appointment today. I'm am excited because I get to find out how much weight she's gained and how long she is now. But she also gets her first round of shots today so it will be a pretty rotten day for us both. Poor thing. I am just dreading the shots part. It makes me sad just thinking about it. I'll write more later and let you know how it went.

Tuesday, 27 June 2006

Adelle's appointment with the pediatrician went well. She's doing great and weighs a whopping 12 pounds 3 ounces and is 23 3/4 inches long! Wow!!! We both survived her shots. I made it through her first one (of four) and then felt light headed and burst into tears. I didn't think I would react that way! But Jamie stepped in and took over holding her little arms and I sat down. We're both better now. She's been really sleepy since then and I think she'll probably just sleep the rest of day between meals.

Thursday, 29 June 2006

Adelle finally took a bottle. I forgot to write an update about it. Finally after trying and trying Jamie and I got fed up and decided that Sunday was 'bottle day'. We realized she was not going to take a bottle until it became her only option. So, on Sunday we offered her a bottle at 1:00 and after an hour of screaming, she ate only 1 ounce. By 4:00 when it was time to eat again, she was really hungry and after crying for five minutes, she downed the whole thing. Just to make sure it wasn't a fluke, I gave her another bottle on Monday and she took it without and complaints at all. Yay!!!

Right now she's sitting in her bouncy seat next to me smiling and cooing. She's always in such a good mood in the morning. I need to take her some morning to get pictures taken. She loves the camera!

No comments: