Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Adelle - May 2008

Thursday, 01 May 2008

Big Sister!

I forgot to update Adelle's blog last night. Sorry. I'm a little busy and tired these days. I'm sure you understand.

Adelle absolutely loves Evangeline! She can't wait to see her whenever she gets up from naps and bed. She didn't cry at all last night when Evie woke up crying, but did tell us she woke up and heard her. So far, the transition has gone well for her.

Here are a few pictures.

Adelle in her Big Sister t-shirt.
big sister

Adelle holding Evie (with Daddy's help). She is infatuated with Evie's 'little fingers'.
big sister 4

Tuesday, 06 May 2008

Linvilla

We all went to Linvilla today! It was, as always, so fun! Adelle and I played for awhile while Jamie sat with Evie and then we all went to pick out tomato plants and get fruit and a cookie for Adelle. Then Jamie and Adelle played for awhile while I stayed with Evie. It was a super fun morning!

linvilla 3

linvilla 4

Thursday, 15 May 2008

It's been awhile...

...mostly because there's not too much new to report. When you don't leave the house much, not too much happens.

We had a great visit from Jamie's parents this past weekend. Adelle loves spending time with her grandparents. She has become addicted to decaf sweet tea in the past week and surprisingly still adores her new baby sister.

I am so thankful for my sweet girls! Two are definitely better than one!

Monday, 19 May 2008

Sticker Art

This is my new favorite activity - stickers! I especially love these foam stickers. I get to peel the paper backs off and pile them up on some poster board. As you can see, I prefer a more topographical approach to sticker art.
adelle art

And just for giggles... this is what happens when Daddy does my hair. Just call me Pebbles. And, no... I didn't leave the house this way. We were just being silly.
silly hair 1

Tuesday, 20 May 2008

Sisters

We've been trying to convince Adelle to hold Evie for the past three weeks. She has, thus far, remained uninterested. Finally she decided to do it tonight... and she loved it. In fact, she didn't want to stop.

Some cute sisters shots for ya -
sisters 1

sisters 2

Monday, 26 May 2008

Swimming

Today was Adelle's first backyard swim of the season. She loved it, of course, and was bummed when it was time to get out and eat supper. But it's supposed to be warm again tomorrow, so I'm sure we'll spend some more quality time outside again then.

Cute note - Adelle kept calling her pool a 'puddle'. Ha ha ha. Man she's too funny!

sunglasses

Friday, 30 May 2008

Ice Cream and Painting

I am feeling quite brave lately and am throwing my fear of HUGE MESSES out the window for some summer fun! We went to Rita's the other night and got Adelle her very own ice cream cone (which Jamie and I both helped her eat). She thought it was the coolest thing EVER. It was, of course, an insane mess, but oh so fun.

ice cream

messy ice cream

Then this morning, I decided to let Adelle paint... with real paint. Again, she absolutely LOVED it. She truly loves anything artsy and I feel that as her mom, it is my job to not only allow her to explore this, but to nurture and encourage this interest as well. So, with a deep breath, I set out the paints. She had a blast and produced a lovely painting after 45 minutes of blissful, not-too-messy fun. And yes, her palate is a cut up egg carton and her paint brushes are q-tips. I have found these to be the easiest tools for little painters to use.

painting 1

Major concentration!
painting 3

The finished (for now) masterpiece.
adelle's painting

No comments: