Sunday, 06 July 2008
The 4th
We had lots of fun on the fourth. We went to a cookout at some friends' house. They have a daughter who is older than Adelle and they had a tricycle. Adelle fell in love and now really, really wants one. We'll have to keep our eyes out for one on Craigslist.She is trying sooo hard!

Sorry for the short update - gotta run!
Saturday, 12 July 2008
Fun Times!
It's been a busy week here. Grandma, Grandpa, Aunt Alyssa, and Uncle Chris are here visiting for the week. We've been having a great time!On Thursday we went to the mall. Evie got her ears pierced and Adelle threw pennies into the fountain. Ah, to be a two-year-old. When did we forget how much fun that is? She was bummed when we ran out of pennies.

Yesterday we went to the zoo. I forgot my camera, so I'll post pictures another time when I get copies from other people. The highlight of the zoo trip for Adelle was when one monkey kissed another monkey's butt. Yep. The entire time at the zoo and on the way home, she kept saying, "That monkey kissed his buuuuuuuuuttttttt!" and would erupt into hysterical laughter. She and Jamie share many things, one of them apparently being the same sense of humor.
Grandma brought finger paints which Adelle initially was freaked out by (You mean you WANT me to make a mess, Mom???). But she quickly adapted and now wants to do them all day long. You can see how seriously she takes her art.

She also got a tricycle yesterday thanks to Grandma and Grandpa. In true Adelle fashion, it took her awhile to warm up to it (though she is now outside riding it up and down the driveway). She was initially thrilled, but then got very concerned and upset because it was 'broken' - she thought the tassles on the handlebars were something that was broken. She's so cute.

Wednesday, 16 July 2008
Interesting Lunch
Adelle has quite an interesting palate, I'm discovering. Yesterday I asked her what she wanted to eat for lunch. She asked for a peanut butter, mayo, and cheese sandwich (one of Jamie's creations - ICK!). So I make it for her because who am I to decide what she likes. What made it more unusual was when she asked for some of my blue cheese dressing to dip her sandwich in. Um... okay. You know what? She ate every last crumb of it including the crust without so much as a break. Whatever she likes, man... just don't expect me to eat it, too!Thursday, 24 July 2008
She did it!
Adelle has been trying to figure out how to pedal her tricycle since she got it a few weeks ago. Well, tonight, she got it! Next step... steering.I was so proud I almost started crying. For real. I was choked up. But this is coming from the girl who never learned to ride a bike, so this is a big accomplishment in my eyes! Ha ha ha.
Tuesday, 29 July 2008
Goofing Around
Adelle was sitting in my lap this morning at the table after breakfast (she was eating the crumbs off my plate and I was enjoying my coffee). The camera was sitting on the table, so we just took a few silly pics. Adelle is too cute.

After breakfast we went to Abby's house and Adelle played with Skye, Gabriel, and Mia. I had an awesome interaction with the wonderful 4 1/2 year old Gabriel this morning. It went a little something like this:
Gabriel: I like Adelle. She's perfect.
Me: Ha ha ha. Thanks, Gabriel. You're so sweet.
Gabriel. You're right. I am!
I love it. He's so great! Ha ha ha.
No comments:
Post a Comment